Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I am not technically a Valkyrie owner yet, but I hope to be one very soon. I will be looking at a used Valkyrie and hope that I will be bringing it home on a trailer. I have no option to ride it home due to distance and other issues. I have a trailer that I can mount a wheel chock (nothing special, just a Harbor Freight unit) onto and the trailer has multiple tie down locations. What I am unsure of is: Where to attach my ratchet tie downs on the motorcycle itself? I've heard that the engine guard bars should not be used and someone else told me to not use the triple tree. One other thing that may limit access to tie down points is that this bike has Corbin saddlebags.

So, I really welcome any suggestions for where to tie off to on the bike to secure it for a long trailer ride. Thank you in advance! I look forward to interacting with the F6C Forum group.

·
Registered
332 Posts
As long as the wheel chock is securely bolted to the trailer you shouldn't have any problem just attaching your tie downs to the handle bars only. Depending on where the tie down trailer attachments are, you may need to protect the motorcycle surfaces that come in contact with the straps.

·
Registered
74 Posts
hauled my valk from Illinois to pa on a flat bed trailer , used a top of the line front wheel chock , strapped the rear down from the passenger grab rails at a 45 degree angle to trailer deck rails . NOT GOOD!! bike bounced up and down twisted it self right out of the chock to the left . luckily i did not damage any thing sure scared me though. tie both front and rear down , check often as you go !! strap must be real tight allways

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It has been years since I trailered a motorcycle. I've used handlebars as one of the tie down points before but I didn't know if newer motorcycle handlebars were up to the task. I'm also curious if there is access to frame rails if the side covers below the seat were removed. I have quite a few ratchet straps and tend to overdo things.

I appreciate the responses!

·
Registered
38 Posts
U- haul and good straps to the engine guard on both sides. Drove from Penn State to Queens NY, about 4.5 hours with no problems. the U- haul cost $15 dollars, money well spent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts