Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided a while ago that this bike is going to see me out (it’s my only bike) and that has freed me up from a lot of worry about wear and tear on the appearance of it. In fact I now welcome those things: tank scratches from pants/jacket, engine guard scratches from tip overs, other marks from I have no idea what 🤷🏼‍♂️. I just view them now as a record of the adventures I’ve had on this beautiful machine. I’m still meticulous with maintenance, I’ve just stopped worrying about appearance. Life’s short. But of course each to their own. Just thought I’d share this as maybe an encouragement to others who feel “trapped” worrying about their bike.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I don't LIKE such things on my Valk, or any vehicle I own. Rick Roy laughed at me last year when he saw me wiping down my windshield in Shenandoah National Park while we were at a beautiful lookout. I've never heard the end of it!

As the Beatles said, "He likes to keep his fire engine clean, it's a clean machine."

I accidentally scuffed my tank with the sole of my shoe a while back, and every time I look at it, I just shake my head.

Richmonder

• Haha
Reactions: RRoy

·
Registered
146 Posts
I decided a while ago...
Good observation. I have a Ducati that has crossed the line from beauty to work horse. Not worrying about how she looks increases the fun meter about 20% every time I ride her. My Valk still thinks she is a prom queen and demands accordingly.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'll earn my scrapes and scratches during the riding season and clean them up when the temp falls below 30. It's gonna happen. Just don't want to spend more time polishing than riding.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I don't LIKE such things on my Valk, or any vehicle I own. Rick Roy laughed at me last year when he saw me wiping down my windshield in Shenandoah National Park while we were at a beautiful lookout. I've never heard the end of it!

As the Beatles said, "He likes to keep his fire engine clean, it's a clean machine."

I accidentally scuffed my tank with the sole of my shoe a while back, and every time I look at it, I just shake my head.

Richmonder

ME: Bro come look at this gorgeous mountain top view
You: I can't man I got to clean this bug off my windshield!!
ME: WTF Bro, you have an entire detail cleaning kit out on the Mountain (as I snack from the grocery store bags).... LOL

·
Registered
64 Posts
I always smile when I see the scratches on the front of my Valk from when I t-boned a tractor trailer while I was buzzed out of my mind of acid and riding with my feet on the handlebars. Good times, man.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I always smile when I see the scratches on the front of my Valk from when I t-boned a tractor trailer while I was buzzed out of my mind of acid and riding with my feet on the handlebars. Good times, man.
o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

GEEZ I hope you were joking.

Richmonder

·
Registered
113 Posts
I try to keep my Valk in as good of condition as practical, but to me, she is a rider's bike, not a collector item.
She has a few scratches here and there, bought her with a small dent in the fuel tank (previous owner had a knee brace, and dented the tank)
My biggest challenge is to keep the bugs off, have a hard time, I just prefer to ride ;)

Tazmool

1 - 8 of 8 Posts