Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove to the seller before Christmas to look the bike over in the "flesh".

Liked what I saw. Handed over a cashiers check and rode back home 175 miles in 45-50F temperatures with no heated liner or gloves.

The bike does have very efficient heated grips. 5 settings and #3 was warm enough. The grips along with the ugly but most effective handguards and winter windshield with built in hand deflectors proved a great combination.

When the V1800 came out I didn't like the look of the bike because of the width across the "cat catcher" - Thanks Smoking Joe - radiator pods.

The addition of the V1500 saddlebags changes the visuals for me and makes the bike look more balanced. The owner did a very good fabricating job allowing the V1500 bags to be very securely attached to the bike.

The riding position on the V1800 is very different. More of a horse jockey pose with knees much higher than on my V1500.

I put on Kuryakan mini boards so i could adjust them and get my boot toe under the gear lever.

The bike is a rocket compared to the V1800. I would thoroughly recommend anyone thinking of buying a different bike to the V1500 to go ride a V1800. 100mph is easily achieved and on the flat the bike will pull in 5th from 20mph like a locomotive.

This is the 21st century sports cruiser and it is a shame that most will never get to ride one.

The ride again confirmed that Bates boots are a good choice for the all weather rider. My toes stayed warm all the way home.

https://www.relive.cc/view/v1vjAGmr7Yq

·
Registered
93 Posts
It took me a moment to figure out what you meant by V1500 & V1800 until I saw your picture. Sometimes I'm slow on the uptake.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Welcome from DFW, TX. Where in the world are you?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Never heard of a instance of heated grips on the bike as to how you’d run the wires and what curious to know more

·
Registered
125 Posts
Heated grips

A friend has heated grips on his. He says it was an easy install kit. I never paid much attention as I have no interest living in Florida. I will ask him about it.
I did enjoy then on my Concours and only needed them twice on longer rides to Georgia.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts