Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a lot of you have went the Viking bag route in lieu of the factory bags. Thinking of getting the Viking bags but need clarification on what mounts and stays are needed. I have the Corbin gunfighter seat and wasn’t sure which Honda part numbers I needed. Can you guys elaborate on that?

·
Registered
113 Posts
You have two choices.
You either keep your rear hand grab rails, or remove them.
Each choice will dictate which saddle bag brackets you need.

If you are removing the grab rails, you need the solo seat brackets (they will mount directly to the rear sub-frame)
If you are keeping the grab rails, you need the standard (dual saddle) brackets (they will mount to the grab rails)
The bag stays don't change (the tubular frame that the saddle bags directly mount to) these mount to either of the above mentioned bracket sets.

I don't have the part numbers handy, I can try to look for them when I get home.

Tazmool

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have two choices.
You either keep your rear hand grab rails, or remove them.
Each choice will dictate which saddle bag brackets you need.

If you are removing the grab rails, you need the solo seat brackets (they will mount directly to the rear sub-frame)
If you are keeping the grab rails, you need the standard (dual saddle) brackets (they will mount to the grab rails)
The bag stays don't change (the tubular frame that the saddle bags directly mount to) these mount to either of the above mentioned bracket sets.

I don't have the part numbers handy, I can try to look for them when I get home.

Tazmool
Thanks! I plan to keep the grab rails. If you have the part numbers handy, that would be awesome.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. Got the brackets and stays ordered. Now I gotta decide if I want the Viking bags or the Honda bags. Leaning heavily towards the Viking bags.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts