Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm looking to install saddle bags on my Valkyrie. I will not go OEM or Corbin, i will install smth more affordable.
Its 2014 GL1800 with double seat. I bought it with the backrest and rear carrier (will attach a picture).

I tried to search here but didn't find an answer. First of all i'd like to order proper mounting hardware (OEM or aftermarket).
Is this correct part number? 08L75-MJR-670 Thank you in advance.

Picture of the backrest and carrier attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 Honda Valkyrie
273 Posts
08L70-MJR-670 is the mounting kit assuming you still have the grab rails on the bike that's where they bolt onto, the 08L75-MJR-670 are the saddle bag stays that connect to that mounting kit and then on the lower part of the bike

·
Registered
669 Posts
Flat Six, thanks for this link. It will come in incredibly handy. That guy shows several "need to know" tips that will save the average guy a lot of time and frustration.

Richmonder

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Thank you so much for detailed answer. Start looking for brackets and stays. I can't ride without some cargo space. Thanks again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am also looking for an aftermarket mounting system. I’m assuming I will have to use the OEM mounting bracket and stays. But then I am looking for a rectangular bag support that would mount to the stays to then mount aftermarket bags to. Does anyone know of any that work with the OEM brackets and stays? Or is there another way?

·
Registered
2014 Honda Valkyrie
273 Posts
MNValk what most people seem to do is get the aftermarket bags drill holes in them to line up with the honda stays, (STAY) which is actually just a fancy word for mounting brackets. I would think trying find a mounting bracket to match the holes on the Honda mounting bracket would be nigh impossible and a little redundant

Typing Strong Bags into the search or Viking Bags will show threads about the 2 most common aftermarket bags

The Tsukayu Bags
The Viking Bags Lamellar (regular size)

I have seen the Viking Bags mounted on forum members STLLOU’s bike and they look real nice

Me? I just went the Corbin route (I’m lazy and have more money than brains)

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Flat Six. I guess what I am looking for is a tubular rectangular frame to attach to the OEM hardware. I was wanting to attach a couple soft bags to that tubular rectangle frame. If that makes sense. I’ve seen a poster on here with a pic of a setup like that but I don’t know what he used.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts