Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I decided to see just how much clutch and brake line was available for possibly adding the Rox 2" risers. I removed the fork covers, dash cluster, and headlight assembly. It wasn't easy but wasn't hard either. I did drop 3 clips into the bike never to be seen again. Probably will get a whiff of them on my next ride. I removed the bolted clamps that hold the cables in place in front of the tree. Unbolted the handlebars and checked how much cable I gained stop to stop. Sorry to report that there is only about 3/4 of an inch. Clearly not enough to do anything with the bars without adding custom cables. I'm not overly disappointed. I just got back from the Blue Ridge and rode 1800 miles last week without any discomfort in the stock position. At least now I know without a doubt and will stop thinking about it any more.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Odd....I still had/have hopes for risers, since a guy I chatted with on FB used the 3in Rox Risers on his and sent me some pics. He claimed to have removed the bolt securing the cables/wires from their stay position.

I don't think I can post photo here....so if ya send me email or PM me via Facebook I can forward if you like. I'm still considering them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I posted this somewhere but can't find it now: Twisted Throttle part #gm .h121 is a 1" riser that worked for me without touching the cables. Its a one-inch riser, so makes about one inch of difference. Only came in silver, have to slightly relocate the instrument pod.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I posted this somewhere but can't find it now: Twisted Throttle part #gm .h121 is a 1" riser that worked for me without touching the cables. Its a one-inch riser, so makes about one inch of difference. Only came in silver, have to slightly relocate the instrument pod.
I have a pair similar to that on my 1500 IS and considered using a par for my 14 Valk as well. Curious how you relocated your pod? The set I have is BikeMaster and I think it is black.

·
Registered
63 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Oh and I did order a set in black (at the link above), along with some other stuff. I know the Dash Pod will need an extension bracket of some sort.... but a piece of aluminum stock will most likely make that work ok. I hope.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have had success with both risers and rox extenders in the past w/o touching the cables, for the F6C I have ever so slightly raised the handle bar position and intend to spend some time on the rack and stretch my arms an inch.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just installed the risers and seems there is enough slack for the handlebars and cables but getting the speedo mounted back into place is another matter. I used some strapping but it just doesn't look right and is hard to get it even. Need a plan B.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just installed the risers and seems there is enough slack for the handlebars and cables but getting the speedo mounted back into place is another matter. I used some strapping but it just doesn't look right and is hard to get it even. Need a plan B
Just Wow. Can you elaborate some on what it took to get the slack and post a couple of close pictures? I gave up after the first post and now you have me thinking about this again. :eek:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just installed the risers and seems there is enough slack for the handlebars and cables but getting the speedo mounted back into place is another matter. I used some strapping but it just doesn't look right and is hard to get it even. Need a plan B.
If the Speedo mounted to the Top Clamp it would be much easier I imagine. I think some thin aluminum bar stock might be an option. I got my risers but have not yet tried to install. Been adding some lights to my 99 IS.

Got any photos?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Actually, I didn't have to loosen anything, just slipped the risers under the bars and then bolt the original caps back on. I'm sure it won't be hard for somebody with a little ingenuity to make a small bracket to mount the speedo back on. I used a plastic piece with 2 holes drilled and actually mounted the speedo but it wasn't quite right but you could definitely ride it that way.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For clarity (that means me). What risers did you use. I don’t know if it was the Rox 2” or the Bike Master 1” risers

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey Headpeon, One more question.... Are they even a little closer and was it worth doing it ?
To be honest, since it's too cold to get the bike out for a ride, hard to tell but just sitting on it, I think it helped the reach. It would probably be worth it if I could get the speedo mounted back to look alright.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Did mine today and used the Bike Masters kit and took it up all the way to 1.5 inches, using all the spacers and the longest bolts provided. I had to move the throttle cables below the windscreen bracket. I have the Speedo mounted with 2 ZipTies temporarily, until I get the handlebars adjusted properly (and its actually pretty solid as is). I did take a ride and it seems further back. With the bottom of the bars up a bit (1.5 inches) it gives a little more room to adjust bars up or down to suit your comfort level and isn't soo close to the tank or too high. As I said earlier, a piece of aluminum bar stock cut to size and drilled with 4 holes should give the speedo console a bit more solid mount.....but it sits pretty much on the top clamp anyhow.

It did change the angle/height of the windscreen a bit, nothing too bad from what I can tell.....except the gap between the bottom and the light is wider of course.

Was a bit too windy and brisk to take a long ride, but I did give it a go.....and am content so far. For the 29.00 bucks it was well worth it IMO.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts