Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I want to flush the coolant in my 2014 GL1800C Valkyrie. I have removed the chrome bolt on top of the cowl and the plastic push pins on the inside cowling to get to the right side radiator. There is something still holding the cowl at the rear. I cannot see any external plastic push pins or bolts on the cowling rear. I’m concerned about tugging outward on the cowl too hard for fear of cracking the expensive cowl. Does anyone have experience on this panel removal? I would appreciate any information.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will take a look for the rear cover. Does it pry off or have hidden fasteners? Thank you for your reply.

·
Registered
403 Posts
First, you need to remove the rear cover. It is held on by one bolt and a pinch clip. Remove the small bolt and pull from the bottom of the cover. Once that is off, you need to remove the other 3 screws that hold the cowl. Then, remove the push pins and bolt on the front of the cowl. Remove the bolt on the top of the cowl. It will be loose now and only held on by the pin. The rear of the cowl has a pin (attached to the cowl) in a gromet (just like the side covers). Move the cowl side to side to pop it off.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the information. I’ve discovered that I can get to the radiator cap with the front of the cowl loose, but still attached. This would all be easier if I’d have bought a service manual.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts