Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CLICK HERE FOR THE LINK TO VIDEO - Ride of the Valkyrie - New Tires! - S3 E5

In this episode I ride to Montrose, Colorado to the Davis Service Center to get new tires. I had about 5,800 miles on the original set.

When I left my house in the morning it was 33F/.55C. I don't have heated grips, but I do have heated gloves. My throttle hand did get cold, but I didn't have to stop.

I had to time my ride just right to be able to get through a major construction site.

The crew at the Davis Service Center took good care of me. I would recommend them.

I did around 180 miles (290 kilometers) round trip.

Enjoy!

Please give a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel if you liked my video. Feel free to share it!

Thanks,

Dan

·
Registered
669 Posts
Nicely documented ride. Have you ever looked at using a mic to narrate? It was cool that the service center let you film the work. That's unusual and surprising. And now you're ready for a great season of riding with the new tires. You might want to comment on the tires you bought and how they ride.

Richmonder

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nicely documented ride. Have you ever looked at using a mic to narrate? It was cool that the service center let you film the work. That's unusual and surprising. And now you're ready for a great season of riding with the new tires. You might want to comment on the tires you bought and how they ride.

Richmonder
I was planning on doing a voice recording going into the canyon, but I got all tensed up when the traffic started moving because I didn't want to hold anyone up. I fell asleep in my pickup once at a stop like that and when I woke up all the cars stacked up behind me had already gone around. Made me wonder if they thought I was dead, but didn't care enough to check on me.

I'll try a voice recording in the next one. I tested the mic in my helmet and I think I can make it work. I'll add a review of the tires after I get a little more time on them. They didn't feel much different than the tires that came off, other than my peace of mind.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The front is a Dunlop American Elite and the rear is the Michelin Scorcher 73W radial. I haven't ridden them enough yet to really give any feedback on the performance of these tires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts