Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ride of the Valkyrie - Colorado Prison Towns - S3 E15 <<-- click here

Note: this is 360 degree video and you can control the camera point-of-view.

In this episode I explore two prison towns in southern Colorado, Canyon City and Florence.

Among other things, these two towns are noted for the prisons. I make reference to; The Royal Gorge Railway www.royalgorgeroute.com My Royal Gorge video on another one of my channels "Dan Lockhart" www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXFdUEc4xgM&t... The Colorado Territorial Correctional Facility www.cdoc.colorado.gov/facilities/canon-city/colorado-territorial-correctional-facility The ADX Super Max Prison www.thoughtco.com/adx-supermax-overview-972970

The ADX Super Max Prison houses some of the most notorious criminals in the world.

They are exactly where they need to be.
Abu Hamza al-Masri: Al-Qaeda kidnapper and trainer
Tyler Bingham - Aryan Brotherhood Leader
Francisco Javier Arellano Felix – Drug Cartel
Robert Philip Hanssen (super scum) – Espionage
Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman Loera – Drug Cartel
Larry Hoover – Conspiracy and Extortion (gangland leader)
Theodore Kaczynski – Unabomber – Murder
James Marcello: Mafia boss
Richard McNair – Murder and Escape
Zacarias Moussaoui – 9/11 planning
Terry Nichols – Oklahoma City Bomber
Richard C. Reid – Shoe Bomber
Eric Rudolph – Olympic Park Bomber
Mamdough Mahmud Salim – U.S. Embassy Bomb Planning – top adviser to Bin Laden
“Dr.” Michael Swango – Murder
Simón Trinidad: FARC guerilla leader
Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev – Boston Marathon Bomber - Murder
Dwight York - Racketeering and Child Molestation
Ramzi Ahmed Yousef – 1993 World Trade Center Bomber

If you like my video, please give me a thumbs up 👍🏻 and subscribe to my channel.

Thanks! Dan 😎

·
Registered
500 Posts
Great stuff. Shame we couldn't see the ADX but that's probably by design. They want that place so untouchable that it's even difficult to get to. That is quite a list of inmates in one place. I've always felt that, even if capital punishment ends up costing more than life in prison, and even if life in prison is worse than capital punishment, we should just get rid of these individuals who have committed such horrible crimes. Their lives serve no purpose other than to punish. You have to be one bad apple to wind up in ADX. And the way this country is going, who's to say some deranged or senile president won't decide to pardon one or more of them, perhaps under pressure or threat from international factions?

Anybody ever watch the Unabonber series on TV about his life and the bombings he did, and how they finally tracked him down? That was fascinating. There's always that one mistake career criminals make that gets them caught.

Richmonder

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great stuff. Shame we couldn't see the ADX but that's probably by design. They want that place so untouchable that it's even difficult to get to. That is quite a list of inmates in one place. I've always felt that, even if capital punishment ends up costing more than life in prison, and even if life in prison is worse than capital punishment, we should just get rid of these individuals who have committed such horrible crimes. Their lives serve no purpose other than to punish. You have to be one bad apple to wind up in ADX. And the way this country is going, who's to say some deranged or senile president won't decide to pardon one or more of them, perhaps under pressure or threat from international factions?

Anybody ever watch the Unabonber series on TV about his life and the bombings he did, and how they finally tracked him down? That was fascinating. There's always that one mistake career criminals make that gets them caught.

Richmonder
I go back and forth on the death penalty. I'm 100% certain that in the past innocent people have been convicted and executed. Modern day forensics are so much better. It's fascinating to me.

On the other hand, take this scum bag for instance. Nathan Dunlop <<-- click

Sentenced to death, appeals and appeals and appeals. His execution was set but we had a weak kneed governor (Hickenlooper). Hick even met with the victims families. Some wanted Dunlop executed others didn't, for religious reasons. Dunlop got a permanent stay.

I did see a great series on the Mind Hunter. Gives perspective on the Unabomber and how they tracked him down. Just because someone graduated from Harvard doesn't mean they can't be evil, yes there can be evil geniuses. He is one. Yeah linguistics are pretty amazing. The other day, I heard something on TV, the guy speaking said "wuter" for "water" and I thought, yep that's regional thing. Law enforcement is using this investigational technique more and more these days.

I get what you're saying about a deranged or senile president. It could happen.... Sirhan Sirhan has been recommended for parole. Some of the Kennedy family members want it, others don't. It's going to be up to an unhinged narcissistic California governor (my opinion), as to whether or not it happens. In these days and times in the political world anything can happen.

As for the people in Supermax, they do not serve any purpose in society, other than as a reminder there are extreme depths of evil on the planet. I believe their punishments fit their crimes. To me, they are less than the bug on my driveway that I ran over with my Valkyrie. Like how I segued back to the bike?

This Ride of the Valkyrie episode was a little different for me. Not my usual "exploring Colorado" presentation..... more like "exploring Colorado's dark side"

Thanks for your comments, Craig.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts