Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The weather in Richmond was magnificent today, with temps in the low 70's and sunny skies with no rain in the forecast. The pollen count has finally gone down a bit and you can actually stand to be outside for a change.

My neighbor buddy and I decided to grab a bite to eat at Coppola's Deli here in town today and then see where the road took us. Copoola's is in a boutique shopping district called Carytown, and is my favorite place to get a sandwich. I always, always get the grilled smoked turkey and cheese. We sit outside on the tables and watch the skirts go by (and there are a LOT of them!) and can keep an eye on our bikes at the same time. It's always astounding to see how many people are wandering around this district on a work and school day.

We took off from there and rode just east of downtown Richmond to an area called Rockett's Landing, where there is a great view of the James River, a couple of very nice restaurants and tons of urban renewal and apartments being built. The James River flows right past it and there are trains going by all day. Got a few good shots there.

From Rockett's Landing, we decided to go check out Fort Harrison, which is only about 5 miles away. It is the location where the Confederate soldiers evacuated to when the Union burned down Richmond. We didn't do a lot of exploring as neither of us was really dressed for hiking. Really just stopped for a photo opp. Following that, we rode on home to relax after a great ride. About 50 miles all in.

Enjoy the pics.:cool:

Richmonder
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Bikes parked outside Coppola's Deli.

Water Boat Cloud Sky Vehicle

Marina at Rockett's Landing.

Sky Water Tire Wheel Cloud

View of downtown Richmond at Rockett's Landing.

Vehicle Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive lighting

Bikes at Rockett's Landing.

Tire Plant Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle

Valk at Fort Harrison.

Tire Jeans Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank

Me at Fort Harrison.

• Love
Reactions: RRoy

·
Registered
624 Posts
Nice report Craig, nice pics. I enjoy seeing motorcycles parked properly together. The old Florida Valkyrie Riders Cruise Club was pretty active years ago and we always parked like fighter jets on an aircraft carrier. Now a days parked bikes are a hot mess, like hogs at the trough.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Having ridden all my adult life, I never gave a thought to how I parked my bike. But in recent years, I noticed how bikers tend to back in and park at an angle. I don't know why they do that, because backing in is just as hard as backing outin most cases, unless it's just easier to back in when traffic is light so you can head straight out when you're ready to leave and traffic is heavier. In today's case, it was the only spot near the deli and we had to park like that to get is both in!

Richmonder

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
624 Posts
I still LOVE the looks of the CTX1300. Kinda wish Honda would have infused that sleek sporty fairing with an electric adjustable shield into our Valkyrie. That would be proportionate and well balanced sitting over the radiator pods. Then those bags and trunk as a quick connect/removal system. Then please throw in that extra gear.

Now that would be nice...
Glasses Outerwear Hairstyle Motor vehicle Vision care

1 - 6 of 6 Posts