Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first, I get a good laugh every time reading members chatter, very funny. Ive decided to do the work myself to repair the damage caused by being rear ended. found the parts online at far better price than at local dealer and will save enough money to pay to have my seat redone at a local motor cycle seat guy called Lamms. i took the rear fender off and checked it out and didnt find any cracks or damage except a six inch scratch, which I can live with but the seat is horrible after 50 miles. figure that 2 hours of labor is all it will take to complete the repair. the Insurance company all ready paid me for damage cause by there client and Im still waiting for my wrist to get better. still painful when twisting the throttle but the x-rays didnt show any fractures or anything odd so Im obtimistic I will recover completely. At first I thought honda sure can find away to make things complicated but after I figure out where those hidden latch pins were it was easy. did not realize that all the fenders and trim panels are all plastic. I was kinda surprised how well dillpickel motor scooter made out after his crash, he said he rode to the dealer, amazing. hope he is doing better.

·
Registered
547 Posts
that wrist is going to bother you for the rest of your life.. any of us that have experienced bone and ligament damage can attest verify this is true. you may heal and do well for long periods of time. typically things like change of weather will trigger a relapse of pain cycle. how much, how long? every incident it is different.. I have a half dozen different joints that have been abused / put thru the wringer.. Sometimes it is just age that triggers another pain cycle. the point being is you will be revisiting this debilitating joint again, many times in your life. be sure you don't sign off on the insurance, they are liable for your well being. most just want to have you sign final release of obligation. too many people settle for minimal vehicle damage.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I was kinda surprised how well dillpickel motor scooter made out after his crash, he said he rode to the dealer, amazing. hope he is doing better.
Ha! I too was surprised this thing was not totaled. All that stinkin plastic is there for a very good reason and it did it's job. This machine just needs a face-lift and someone to ride it. Someone will be riding it but only in dry weather most likely me. I'm certain I could have taken the money and did it all myself since it was all superficial but I would have definitely screwed something up. Want it done right!

I was sorta thinking about getting a different bike until I rode it to the body/paint shop. That one ride with it looking like a wreck(which it was) convinced me nothing else out there will suffice.

I am still sore but mending. Thanks for your kind words.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Poncho's a cheerful chap 'aint he?
yep, the truth kinda sucks don't it. better to hear , everything is gonna be all right. well there is that side of the coin too. but when the weather changes and those joints start barking, remind you that you did them wrong while you was having fun. then there is that old saying, "you can pay me now or you can pay me later" but you will pay

·
Registered
219 Posts
Unfortunately, Poncho may be right about future wrist pain. Your wrist has nine carpal bones plus the flexor retinaculum (think of that as a sort of “ligamental wristwatch band” on the inside of your wrist). The issue will be with the bones themselves. They are odd, irregularly shaped bones, like large pebbles, that must fit together properly for full range of (painless) motion. When broken or dislocated, often as a result of a fall, they often are not re-set properly and “heal” in incorrect positions, causing future pain or a limited range of motion.

When your Carpal Tunnel, the small space created by the bones and the ligament, has been damaged the nerves can become inflamed and swollen, aka Carpal Tunnel Syndrome or CTS. You have three important nerves going down your arms and through your wrist: the Median, the Ulnar and the Radial Nerves. (The Median Nerve is the one most associated with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.) When the nerve is abraded, its protective myelin sheath can be damaged, causing swelling and further damage and pain. It can become a recurring, vicious cycle. Sometimes, surprisingly, the best method of fixing this is by going to a chiropractor, having the offending wrist X-rayed, and then adjusted.
(Chiropractic schools tell me that the Number Two most common injury attended to by chiropractors is the wrist. Number one, of course, is the spine.) There are several other causes of CTS, such as pregnancy (fluid retention creates swelling in the wrist and it goes downhill from there), extreme exposure to cold or vibration, and repetitive movements over long periods of time.

So, now you know more than you wanted to if you don’t have wrist problems. And no, I’m not a chiropractor.

·
Registered
547 Posts
wrists? I was talking about knees and elbows and shoulders and hips, not too mention ankles and them foots.. seems like I have abused all of them at one time or another. because any one of them is always barking. settle it down and another dog lifts its head.. and now you want to throw wrist in that mix.. sheesh

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the wrist info was very informative. the accident has me thinking about the times a little rain falls on my parade. I drive my motor scooter all the way home without a scratch and then someone rear ends me. I was a plaster for all my adult life and never had a problem with my wrists then comes a little rear ender and im hurting. I told the ins company that Im going to wait awhile and see if my hands get better but like poncho says the pain comes back right when u thinking ur getting better. typing causes a little discomfort, between that 8th grade education raising its ugly head when spelling and wrist pain is giving me a little bit of a trial. it is amazing having a valkyrie to hop on and ride, hardly could wait until thursday when the wife goes to prayer meeting at church because I get 5 hrs to go ride. the little woman might be trying to use my desire to ride for nefairious reasons, she ask me to go to the store to get some desert she thought I might be looking for excuse to ride my bike. but at 102 degrees at end of day not that appealing so I offered to drive her to the store and I would wait in the air conditioned car. guess what there was no desert that night.

·
Registered
547 Posts
she just wanted you out of the house while her boyfriend came around for desert.. your accident is not helping this situ.. you need more time doing ride therapy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts