Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Valkyrie
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read thru several of the threads regarding riser extensions and most of them are a couple of years old. I just logged 950 miles over the weekend and it would help my upper back if I could get the handlebars 2-3" toward me.

I've checked out the Rox 2". One of the issues I've noticed is the control cluster mounts to the bottom clamshell of the existing risers. How does that work with extensions installed? Also, there is much controversy regarding whether cables are long enough or not.

Does anyone have firsthand experience with Rox or another method?

2" ROX at J&P Cycles

·
Registered
183 Posts
You can do risers but the downside is you may not be able to use certain windshields. The OEM tall for sure unless someone knows a trick.

·
Registered
2014 Honda Valkyrie
273 Posts
I believe you can do any type of risers you want… the problem is running all the new cables, why most try (or tried) the Rox was it used the stock cables (barely) I was in a conversation with a forum member a few years ago who went and had it priced the cables bigger than Rox riser and labor and it was over $1100

·
Registered
360 Posts
I believe you can do any type of risers you want… the problem is running all the new cables, why most try (or tried) the Rox was it used the stock cables (barely) I was in a conversation with a forum member a few years ago who went and had it priced the cables bigger than Rox riser and labor and it was over $1100
I think that Jeff T on this site did the ROX 2" risers and only had to re-route the cables, and uses Madstad wind screen.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Thanks for re-posting that excellent link, Farther! Special note - anyone seeing that link though, might want to know that the author included a comment that the title of the string should not have included the word, "NOT" . Bottom line, several have used the 2" and 3" ROX risers and the cables only had to be freed up from a clip, then use zip ties to reattach the dash.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Had the same sore back days when I put in days over 250 miles. I'm not smart enough to install risers and wiring extensions, so I bought one of those black support belts that warehouse / delivery workers use for lifting. Roll it up and carry in saddlebag until needed. I'd rate the solution about 8 out of 10 for me.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Wish I could see a video of the install. Tough to find any decent maintenance videos for this bike, except for the easy stuff like fluids and tires.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm taking the plunge. A Rox 3" riser is on its way along with a 5/16" drill bit for plastic to do the windshield.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm taking the plunge. A Rox 3" riser is on its way along with a 5/16" drill bit for plastic to do the windshield.
I would find it interesting if you posted a few pics of your project progress. Best, tngarren

·
Registered
263 Posts
Also looking forward to your results feedback, Farther. My stock configuration bike isn't killing me, even with the stock seat, although I've read with interest all the riser and custom seat threads. Four hours is usually what I try to limit myself to so I don't suffer the next couple of days. I've no need or desire to ride harder than that anymore at 70 years of age, and adjustments for the sake of comfort are becoming more interesting to me. But to be honest, I don't think "comfort" has ever been my impetus for throwing a leg over and heading into the wind. Just ride; everything will be okay.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm 70 too and found that I had considerable discomfort in my shoulder, neck, and upper arms in my latest 4k trip. I had nothing close to the discomfort with my 1500 Valkyrie but had two-inch risers and dropped footpegs. I'm hoping to have similar good results doing the same to my 1800 Valkyrie.

A simpler, more elegant solution would be to add spacers between the stock risers and the triple tree but I am not sure that would work and I'm not willing to tear into the Valkyrie and be the test case.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I also am interested in this thread 2" Rox Risers. I would love some first hand information as well.
Two inch pullback...ahhh that would make this bike "perfect" for me.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I also am interested in this thread 2" Rox Risers. I would love some first hand information as well.
Two inch pullback...ahhh that would make this bike "perfect" for me.

I've searched every post on this subject. I'm still interested, would prefer a 100% "plug n play" successful option. Not interested in zip ties and creating brackets/spacers and such. With the bike being out of production and limited quantities produced, Thinking I'm out of luck unless I settle for the fabrication and zip ties.:(

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm sending back the 3-inch riser, I don't want to tear into the bike only to find that I need additional parts. No long trip is planned for the foreseeable future either.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts