Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was putzing around in the garage making a bracket for some extra LED brake lights listening to Bob Seeger.

Cut to the length I wanted and drilled ready to mount I gave it a hit of spray primer.

Waiting for that to dry and the thought of a 3 / 4 / 5 day ride floating around my brain it was an opportune moment to check the front brake pads. o_O:eek:o_O

18-6 in the manual I have described an easy process.

Can do that one handed, tied behind my back with my eyes closed.
TOP TIP
Loosen the 2 pad pins before removing calipers!!!
Loosen the 2 pad pins, remove left caliper and

Not much meat left on the inside pad.

other caliper was nearly the same.

I was tempted to put a new pad where the thicker pad was and put that pad where the thin one was.

All pistons cleaned. Sixity brand pads installed. Quick test ride down the street I live on.

All is good.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey, thanks for the post,
Glad to see someone else is using the Sixity brand pads, I ordered some.
My Valk came with new oem's installed at 12,500miles (or so) but I'm trying to quiet down the brakes so giving the sixity organics ones a try.

Tazmool

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, thanks for the post,
Glad to see someone else is using the Sixity brand pads, I ordered some.
My Valk came with new oem's installed at 12,500miles (or so) but I'm trying to quiet down the brakes so giving the sixity organics ones a try.

Tazmool
I've used Sixity on all my bikes. Valkyrie 1500 and now 1800, KLR650, Honda ST1300 for a total of about 250,000 miles

·
Registered
531 Posts
I've used Sixity on all my bikes. Valkyrie 1500 and now 1800, KLR650, Honda ST1300 for a total of about 250,000 miles
Do you notice any additional noise, like the EBC brand? Pair well with our stock rotors?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you notice any additional noise, like the EBC brand? Pair well with our stock rotors?

Bit of a bzzzz at low speed which has happened on every bike I've owned. As to pair well with rotors. I've not noticed any accelerated wear. My ST had 135,000 miles.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I got the new pads, and installed them.
I have not had time to bed them in yet, but on my first ride, the bike sounds like a bloody cicada! very, very odd sound...
A very loud Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz from the front brakes.

At first I could hear it when just riding, however that started to fade away, and now I can primarily hear the buzz when braking....
These are the loudest brakes of any motorcycle I've ever owned.... Not sure if is a Valkyrie thing, or something not quite right with my bike....

I will ride the bike more and get the pads bedded in and see how it works out.

Tazmool

1 - 7 of 7 Posts