Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to need to remove the headlight assembly on a 2014 Valk to get to the turn signal wires. I was wondering if anyone has done this? Curious about removing the chrome cover. I know the screw that hold on the assy are under the cover and the Honda service manual does not describe how to remove the cover.

·
Registered
403 Posts
The first thing you have to do is remove the fork covers. You need to remove the two push pins at the top of the triple tree that hold on the top of the covers and pull the top of the covers out. You may need to remove the gauges to get at these. It is held on by two Torx screws. Then, you need to remove the 2 Allen bolts on each side of the forks. Then, you need to press in on the seam of the fork covers to remove them. These are not easy to take off the first time. They are a tang that fits into a groove. Once those are removed, there are two bolts to remove at the bottom of the headlamp assembly. Once they are removed then you can remove the bracket that holds the bottom of the headlamp assembly. The bracket only has a couple of rubber grommets that pins fit into to hold the assembly. The last things to remove is a single bolt on each side near the top of the assembly that are accessed by turning the handlebars all the way to each side. All four bolts are 12mm.

I had the light assembly off several times when I put on my custom handlebars.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The first thing you have to do is remove the fork covers. You need to remove the two push pins at the top of the triple tree that hold on the top of the covers and pull the top of the covers out. You may need to remove the gauges to get at these. It is held on by two Torx screws. Then, you need to remove the 2 Allen bolts on each side of the forks. Then, you need to press in on the seam of the fork covers to remove them. These are not easy to take off the first time. They are a tang that fits into a groove. Once those are removed, there are two bolts to remove at the bottom of the headlamp assembly. Once they are removed then you can remove the bracket that holds the bottom of the headlamp assembly. The bracket only has a couple of rubber grommets that pins fit into to hold the assembly. The last things to remove is a single bolt on each side near the top of the assembly that are accessed by turning the handlebars all the way to each side. All four bolts are 12mm.

I had the light assembly off several times when I put on my custom handlebars.
Great information, thanks! The Honda Service Manual mentions NONE of this. Great info.

So, I don't even need to remove the chrome top cover?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My confusion in removing the headlight is that the service manual would imply that to remove the assy you have to remove screws which appear to be underneath the chrome cover (see attached)

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Someone on another forum actually suggested that I can access the turn signal wires just by removing the fork covers. Which is all I really need to do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts