Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made these in about four steps. They are rear tip-over bars from a 1996 Gold Wing: trimmed of the spurs, de-chromed, stretched open 1/4 inch, powder coated flat black, turned up-side down, and mounted in the attachment holes for the passenger pegs.

Attachments

·
Registered
497 Posts
Nice work tho I can tell you from experience a low speed loss of the front results in zero damage as the **** thing sits there on those front bars and leaves the pipes alone. I was more then a little impressed I can tell you, and faster and I may have wanted what you got :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
I dropped mine in a parking lot last year at Thunder Beach. I down did the classic "trying to put your foot down on ground that isn't there."

It fell completely over with only me between it and the ground. I got a tiny scratch on the upper corner on the radiator cover, a tiny scratch on the very tip of the brake lever, and about a one inch long scruff AR the very tip of the muffler. it did dent the chrome heat shield where it bends to go under the bike at the front of the muffler but that may have been done by my leg or foot under the bike.

Either way, the stock bars do alright. I think it'd have received more damage if I had the rear bars in a tip over like that. It probably would have let more of the upper part of the bike touch in a complete tip over.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I dropped mine in a parking lot last year at Thunder Beach. I down did the classic "trying to put your foot down on ground that isn't there."

It fell completely over with only me between it and the ground. I got a tiny scratch on the upper corner on the radiator cover, a tiny scratch on the very tip of the brake lever, and about a one inch long scruff AR the very tip of the muffler. it did dent the chrome heat shield where it bends to go under the bike at the front of the muffler but that may have been done by my leg or foot under the bike.

Either way, the stock bars do alright. I think it'd have received more damage if I had the rear bars in a tip over like that. It probably would have let more of the upper part of the bike touch in a complete tip over.
That was so my first drop too!:D

Glad to hear I am part of a special club.:laugh:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine has the Corbin bags and it went down at about 25mph when a car turned left in front of me against the light. Anyway, bike skidded about 15ft about 1/2 on one side then 1/2 on the other. Bars and bottom edges of Corbins kept bike 30 degrees or so off the asphalt. I need to do some fiberglass work to repair the edge of the bags and replace the $150 each bars and it will be looking good again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yikes! Sorry to hear about you going down, I'm glad you are okay and the bike is repairable. I just got my Corbin saddlebags and have to install them. I don't think there is anything on the market available to make rear tip over bars that will protect the Corbin bags?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts