Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I normally get between 31-33 miles/gal on the Interstate, typically going 80-85 mph.

Ran out of gas, this morning, on the off-ramp of the Interstate. It wasn't a big deal because there was a gas station right there, so I only had to push her across the road. However, I filled 6.39 gal into the tank, at 186.3 miles. Normally, I get between 205-215 miles out of a full tank.

It was 42°F this morning, here in SW FL, down from 75-85°F all week before. Apparently, the Valk start guzzling gas when it's cold. Also, there is a 1% change in volume per 10.5°C, means I lost about 2.5% in volume since filling up the other day when it was in the 80ies. That's some 20 oz less on a 6.4 gal tank.

·
Registered
133 Posts
mine sucked down a tank of gas in about 150 - 170 miles doing 90 -95 with passenger and had a windshield coming home from Barber rack track in Birmingham Alabama. normally i get great millage but 85 and up she likes the gas . was an emergency trip is why i came home so fast

·
Registered
159 Posts
That mileage is pretty poor. I suspect you have something not working properly. Not sure how many miles you have on it, but you might want to think about an air filter change. Changing teh filter is going to be a real b!tch!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That mileage is pretty poor. I suspect you have something not working properly. Not sure how many miles you have on it, but you might want to think about an air filter change. Changing teh filter is going to be a real b!tch!!!
I have 18k miles on it. I will have the filter checked, but honestly, I've never gotten better than 36 mpg.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts