Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the Valk all shined up yesterday and it needed to be ridden, so I decided to hit a local, long established institution for a delicious chili double cheeseburger at Roy's Big Burger in the Lakeside neighborhood of Richmond. The place is outdoor seating only. You order at the window and wait, and they call your number when it's ready. You can sit outside and see all the locals come by. The place has outlasted many other joints in town and weathered every storm and still going strong. I got my food and sat down in the shade, and was absolutely inundated with flies every second. But it was delicious.

Some photos of the place:

I then took a little trip through Byrd Park, around Fountain Lake. Too bad the fountain wasn't working.

I then went to the river near my house and got a few pics at both locations.

It was cooler today but I was already sweating when I got home. Humidity is still high.

Sure beats working.

Richmonder

Attachments

Premium Member
Got the Valk all shined up yesterday and it needed to be ridden, so I decided to hit a local, long established institution for a delicious chili double cheeseburger at Roy's Big Burger in the Lakeside neighborhood of Richmond. The place is outdoor seating only. You order at the window and wait, and they call your number when it's ready. You can sit outside and see all the locals come by. The place has outlasted many other joints in town and weathered every storm and still going strong. I got my food and sat down in the shade, and was absolutely inundated with flies every second. But it was delicious.

Some photos of the place:

I then took a little trip through Byrd Park, around Fountain Lake. Too bad the fountain wasn't working.

I then went to the river near my house and got a few pics at both locations.

It was cooler today but I was already sweating when I got home. Humidity is still high.

Sure beats working.

Richmonder
Nice and shiny! Looking good, Craig.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Craig, how's that windshield working out? Considering getting something a little taller. There's a new one on ebay for $339 and $6 shipping.
I hated the OEM windshield when I first got the bike. I still don't like the looks. I think a shorty would look much sportier. BUT - now that I have seen it in action, I wouldn't trade it. It keeps the bugs off me, is fairly easy to clean, gives me a little extra room to mount things on its hardware, and I can choose to look through it, or over it. I don't have any issue with buffeting. I figure in its absence, I'd be getting blasted, so I'm getting bug protection as well as wind protection. It works for me. I suspect, had it not come with a windshield, I would have gone with a tinted model from another manufacturer, but I'm comfortable with it.

Richmonder

1 - 5 of 5 Posts