Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend I got to test ride a 2015 Red with 300 miles. Bone stock beyond a tinted wind screen. Asking price at a dealer $11k. Very fun experience.
Like just about every other product it seems the deals from 3 years ago or so with people buying in the 9’s for new or almost new does not exist anymore.
Prices I’m seeing from private party and dealers are all over the place.
Does anyone have feedback on dealer or private party numbers from recent purchases?
I’d love to find an ABS model in the greater Milwaukee area if anyone sees something.
Thanks

·
Registered
819 Posts
Prices have definitely risen on this bike along with most all others. The $9,000 deals I think are long gone. With only 300 miles, you're basically getting a barely broken in bike, and at $11,000 I'd say that's about market right now. The only issue with that is it's been sitting a while and probably needs a few fluids, especially oil, changed. You might ask them to do that for you. And make sure to check the battery output, as it may be the original battery and been sitting quite a while. Make sure the tires have no age cracks also.

Keep us posted on your decision/purchase! Good luck!

Richmonder

Reactions: RRoy and tngarren

·
Registered
155 Posts
Last weekend I got to test ride a 2015 Red with 300 miles. Bone stock beyond a tinted wind screen. Asking price at a dealer $11k. Very fun experience.
Like just about every other product it seems the deals from 3 years ago or so with people buying in the 9’s for new or almost new does not exist anymore.
Prices I’m seeing from private party and dealers are all over the place.
Does anyone have feedback on dealer or private party numbers from recent purchases?
I’d love to find an ABS model in the greater Milwaukee area if anyone sees something.
Thanks
If you are not in a hurry I have seen them nicely fitted in the $10,000 range for bikes lightly driven and garage kept. The accessories will add another couple of thousand to the cost if you plan on adding anything to it like running lights, saddle bags and aftermarket seat.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have been following the prices of used cars, trucks and bikes practically forever, as I'm interested in those things and especially since our economy became whacky. Used car and truck pricing has been unbelievably high for the past couple of years and motorcycles have been affected as well, although perhaps not as much. The problem is supposedly the low supply of new offerings, supposedly because of chip shortages and the like. Manufacturers have even resorted to eliminating certain features on new cars that require chips they can't get. I have received offers on my restored '94 F-250 XLT 4x4 and matching 12,000 lb. hydraulic dump trailer that are very tempting, but I dare not let them go. Might need 'em for something someday and would have to pay 20% more just to get 'em back. My only point in chiming in is I've started to notice a slight decrease in the skyrocketing prices that quality used vehicles have been commanding. It's still way high, but a noticeable new trend. My personal opinion on this is it's not because the market and economy has changed, in a positive way, at all. I think it's because the buying market has been, at least for now, somewhat sated and the people who were frantically looking for their next great vehicle before the prices became absolutely prohibitive have already stocked their garage. I live in the middle of the Midwest, but I keep track of the pricing on toys all across the country. I think I'm seeing a trend. The additional factor is that inflation has become a sobering reality for many, pricing them out of realizing their dreams, and so the demand is waning, easing the price pressure for those who can still go shopping. Someone very rich once said that you make your profit when you buy, not when you sell.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have to say I agree with all the posts here. I’ve been out of riding for about 6 years and know the value of finding the right bike and especially if it has any of desirable add ons such as seat, luggage, screen, hwy pegs, and additional lights.
Also the bit about maintenance and how long it has been sitting is spot on. Fluids and tires add up quickly as well.

Im a taller individual at about 6’3” and the stock seat was pushing me too far forward. At a minimum having a seat that goes further back on the fender would be a big win.

·
Registered
12 Posts
$8000 in my opinion for stock, very low miles and no accessories. These bikes are 7 - 8 years old.

I have a blue one with 5k miles, would certainly take the cash for it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts