Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
161 - 180 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts

It was temporarily closed section of the road (left side on the first photo).

·
Registered
624 Posts
Nice looking bike. You have some nice extras, grips, pegs, seat, bags, rear rack. Whomever installed your windshield did a nice job getting it set parallel the fork tubes. That works and looks best. Nice bike(y)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks.
It's got the bars moved way back,
a crazy LOUD horn, 2 horns of different pitch
pegs are lower and forward,
highway pegs move,
the aux. lights are the real bright ones
Torq Loopz
Madstad 20" Medium Smoke
Fancy grips
GPS
Tank Bag
Seat Bag
Rack Bag

She's resting in the back of the garage.
The 3 Snow Blowers are ready.
That's my Winter Rat Vulcan.

Not much riding available lately.

But Monday and Tuesday it will be low 40's for part of the very short day. 30's and dark on the way home.
What keeps me not riding is my road gets heavily sanded.
I am OK with 30's and 40's but not with falling on wet sand,pine needles,and wet leaves !

JJ

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got mine last Friday, took it apart, cleaned it and replaced the air filter for a K&N and while at it, put some lights in. Yesterday i washed it and today I waxed it. Its ready to ride now. Very neglected by previous owner. Just about 6K miles on it. Later im going to put some clear protective wrap on the front wind impact sites to protect the plastic from fading. But this is it for now.
Pics in order are of it filthy inside as i started cleaning it, then after all done and waxed and clean, then of the many parts to remove to change filter and finally with the night lights on.
Light Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Photograph Light Motor vehicle Automotive tire Road surface
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
624 Posts
Looks like she had a rough 6k, glad you rescued her. Did it live on a dirt road?
Nice work, dig right in and tackle those difficult plastic parts. Mine still are not aligned/fastened properly.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah im missing a grommet for a side panel. I ordered some. Those little plastic push pins are easy to break but i have a stock of them handy.

My guess since it was purchased in Kerrvill, TX that the bike was on a ranch or something and stored in a barn maybe. No point washing your cars if dust blows in every few minutes.

They probably went to change air filter, realized what it entailed and was like "Nope!" And traded it in. It had cob webs under the fenders and loads of dead wasps and bug up inside.

·
Registered
795 Posts
What a shame to let a beautiful bike get so filthy and neglected. Glad you took her in and gave her some love! Look forward to hearing more from you.

Richmonder

·
Registered
624 Posts
Yeah im missing a grommet for a side panel. I ordered some. Those little plastic push pins are easy to break but i have a stock of them handy.

My guess since it was purchased in Kerrvill, TX that the bike was on a ranch or something and stored in a barn maybe. No point washing your cars if dust blows in every few minutes.

They probably went to change air filter, realized what it entailed and was like "Nope!" And traded it in. It had cob webs under the fenders and loads of dead wasps and bug up inside.
I'm super glad that you're an expert at this now. Let me know when I can drop mine off:LOL:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah, i got the process down and the best order to do it. No shortcuts, just do it right and methodical. Lay the parts out in order. Like Legos but less expensive. Legos are their weight in gold these days. 😆

So update, which really i need to post in mods i think but i got the grommet kit on Amazon and replaced that and also installed the bottom protective plate someone mentioned. 5min install, super easy.
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Hood Aircraft

·
Registered
14 Posts
How are those bags mounted, i dont see the OEM brackets. Looking for options on what to do myself.
It was custom brackets:

It was updated later like this:

And later like this:

Photos of not final version. Corbin bags replica by local workshop, also custom mount of HD trunk and custom quick-release backrest.
Also when I had a trip with my girlfriend, i made bolt-on trunk replacement ant put the bag:

·
Registered
7 Posts
It was custom brackets:

It was updated later like this:

And later like this:

Photos of not final version. Corbin bags replica by local workshop, also custom mount of HD trunk and custom quick-release backrest.
Also when I had a trip with my girlfriend, i made bolt-on trunk replacement ant put the bag:
Thank you for the input i will probally do something similar being i like the brackets being hidden.

161 - 180 of 187 Posts