Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
141 - 160 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Went for a short ride last night and stopped at University of Richmond for a quick photo op. Very scenic there.

Richmonder

Attachments

·
Registered
500 Posts
****!! That is serious stereo. I hope the electronics behind the speakers are equally high tech. Tell us about this install!

Richmonder

·
Registered
2014 Honda Valkyrie
259 Posts
Wow now THATS an attention getter!!! Craig did you see the blacked out rack and sissy bar???

·
Registered
500 Posts
Flat Six, I do believe you have one of the PRETTIEST Valks out there. Those bags just look awesome. And I love the color.

I didn't even notice the luggage rack! I'm debating whether to just go stock on it or to use the chrome black paint option. I'm weary of spending money as this bike has just drained me the last several months getting everything I want.

Richmonder

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ha! Just scrolled through all the pages and realized I never posted pic of the Red Bull, well here she is in all her touring glory (I didn’t start out to make it a touring bike I swear)

So what are those lower wind shields you have there? I have same bike (color and year) and I swear now I want the Corbin bags after seeing yours. My seat has a burgandy stitch color and I also have the little Corbin backrest/glovebox so from your pics I get a good idea what mine could look like.. and I like it.

·
Registered
2014 Honda Valkyrie
259 Posts
The lower wind deflectors are the accessory ones that Honda sells for the bike I think i got them off eBay for $90 or so. In the summer they deflect ALL the engine heat off your legs which is kind of neat... waiting to try them out here in the fall to see what benefit they provide in the cooler weather. Here is a picture of the inside of the bags the space is “good” even if the contours are somewhat odd I think Corbin did a good job with them considering what they had to work with... tragically there is more room in the Corbin bags than the 2018+ Goldwings bags (I checked)

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the blue valk and paid and outrages amount of money for the Corbin bags direct. The bags are nice and make these bikes look great. But I was disappointed in the workmanship of the attachment frame, and there was very very poor tech support to the point of NONE. Customer service was so bad it took me 10 days not counting weekends to get it ordered as they were ignoring me. I called them and they lied about getting the order placed and I had to call them back twice. I should have known this was a poorly ran outfit at that point and canceled.
Corbin products are nice but buyer be where.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Love that helmet! Now time to accessorize the bike!

Richmonder

·
Registered
500 Posts
Got the Airhawk installed today, and took the RAM ball mount off the CTX and put it on the Valk this afternoon. With the bags and rack finally on it, I'm pretty much done for now.

The weather was nice and warm today here in Richmond, although not very sunny, and made for a good riding day, so I took it down to my favorite photo taking spot near the James River for a few updated pics of the Black Panther. The remnants of Hurricane Zeta are moving into the area tonight, and the wind is already blowing. We're to get drenching rain and possibly high winds, so it looks like riding is out of the question for a few days. Good to get the bike out today and enjoy the weather before the storm arrives.

Richmonder

Attachments

·
Registered
500 Posts
Looks like you're pretty well outfitted from the gitgo! Bags, luggage rack, dual backrests, windshield, heel/toe shifter, fog lights, highway pegs, and I can see they replaced the stock mirrors (I know some guys hate the stock mirrors, but I like them). Looks like there's maybe another gadget mounted on the bars but I can't tell. There's not a whole lot you need to do to this one! Nice find! Beautiful bike!

Richmonder

·
Registered
330 Posts
Looks like you're pretty well outfitted from the gitgo! Bags, luggage rack, dual backrests, windshield, heel/toe shifter, fog lights, highway pegs, and I can see they replaced the stock mirrors (I know some guys hate the stock mirrors, but I like them). Looks like there's maybe another gadget mounted on the bars but I can't tell. There's not a whole lot you need to do to this one! Nice find! Beautiful bike!

Richmonder
Agreed, RRoy, that bike is LOADED! I even see the centerstand modification added. Never seen a blue Valk with the chrome valve covers, I wonder if PO chromed the original metal ones that were black, or ..... and is that a stock seat?

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Nice shots, po9n! I don't know how you managed to get so many shots on an open lane of a bridge, just sitting in traffic. I admire the photographic effort here. Not only good image quality but also very creative. Thanks for sharing!

Richmonder

141 - 160 of 165 Posts