Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
181 - 199 of 199 Posts

·
Super Moderator
929 Posts
Isn't that pretty! I love seeing an (almost) unadorned Valk.

Richmonder

Reactions: tngarren

·
Super Moderator
929 Posts
The Valkebeest!

Richmonder

·
Registered
162 Posts
I got mine last Friday, took it apart, cleaned it and replaced the air filter for a K&N and while at it, put some lights in. Yesterday i washed it and today I waxed it. Its ready to ride now. Very neglected by previous owner. Just about 6K miles on it. Later im going to put some clear protective wrap on the front wind impact sites to protect the plastic from fading. But this is it for now.
Pics in order are of it filthy inside as i started cleaning it, then after all done and waxed and clean, then of the many parts to remove to change filter and finally with the night lights on.
Lol, I was actually looking at that very bike when I bought mine back in November. I REALLY like that sapphire blue color, but I am still a pretty new rider and I REALLY wanted one with ABS. This is the bike instead I got out of Arizona and had shipped to me in Texas:

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle

2014 with 36k miles when I got her November 2021, $9k out the door + $700 shipping from Arizona to Texas. It came with ABS, the Corbin bags, the Hondaline windshield, and the highway pegs. I have added the Race Tech front suspension, Henrys final drive, passenger backrest, mirrors, phone mount, adjusted the windshield brackets, adjusted the pedals up a bit, shaved down the nuts and threaded rods for the bag mounts. Still need to do rear spring, heated grips, phone charger and air filter.

I would really love to give her the blackout treatment too

·
Super Moderator
929 Posts
That bike is absoltely GLEAMING! Even the wheels. Nice job!

Richmonder

·
Registered
162 Posts
Here's my girl. I picked her up in Abilene last September and rode it home to Massachusetts. View attachment 13796
View attachment 13795
That bike looks like it definitely has some interesting stories. I see the whole custom front faring and headlight, the Corbin bags are nice, but man I wish mine were a bit wider. looks like it is missing at least 1 exhaust shield, the right side Rivco highway peg appears to be snapped off and it slid in... Grass? Or dirt maybe? What backrest is that?

Looks like a good bike now and could be a great bike with a little TLC.

·
Registered
29 Posts
That bike looks like it definitely has some interesting stories. I see the whole custom front faring and headlight, the Corbin bags are nice, but man I wish mine were a bit wider. looks like it is missing at least 1 exhaust shield, the right side Rivco highway peg appears to be snapped off and it slid in... Grass? Or dirt maybe? What backrest is that?

Looks like a good bike now and could be a great bike with a little TLC.
Yes, she's pretty great, and she does have a story to tell.
I flew into Abilene and met the owners. I had done some planning and shipped some parts and tools, along with my helmet and jacket. They were very gracious, treating me like a son. I ended up spending two days there while we went over the bike and I installed the shiny bits and ran some wiring for phone and GPS.

I left there and visited friends in Texas and Mississippi, went into Florida then turned north. All was good until I got into Virginia.

I got run off the road on I-81 by some jerk on his phone. I was in the right lane, he came up alongside then started drifting into my lane. I couldn't get his attention, and tried to take the upcoming exit. No good. I ended up going off road, hitting a pile of dirt, bike and I going airborne at probably 50 mph. I ended up landing in the roadway, the bike was in the grass on it's right side.

No real damage, dents and scratches as you've noticed. I was worried most about the fairing, it was intact! Strong as hell!. I got some help to drag it down off the hill and get it upright. No bent forks or pedals, just all cosmetic damage. I called VA State Police for a report, he arrived about 30 minutes later. He followed me down the ramp to a gas station where I gave it a better inspection. The tank has a big dent from my tank bag/belly. Fairing and rt bag need paint, windshield needs to be replaced.

Anyway, my insurance company treated me very well. I got all necessary parts replaced, including tank, cowl, exhaust shield, etc. Parts were backordered for awhile, finally got everything. I'm going to ride it for the summer, then tear it down over the winter and make it as good as new.

Long story, but I'm sticking to it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Man, those sapphire blue ones look SO nice. Not just the blue color, although it looks FANTASTIC, but all the blackout treatment looks SO much better than my black one with the plastic chrome and silver. One day I am going to find one of those blue ones that has bent forks or something and spend a weekend swapping over parts with mine.

181 - 199 of 199 Posts