Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Purchased my 2015 Valkyrie on 4/11 in Lake Villa, IL. $8656 out the door - zero miles out of a crate. I will pay 7% tax and $20 tag in GA. I am elated.

I drove 750 miles back to Georgia from Chicago yesterday and I was so excited I stayed up all night tinkering with my new bike when I got it unloaded off the trailer. It is a great feeling getting home with no damage and bike is safe in sound in a locked garage. We didn't hit any rain either which is amazing as used a U Haul 5x9 RT trailer non enclosed with motorcycle chock and it worked great. The walls & front are taller which helps protect the bike more so than the 4x9 MC trailer they rent - the extra foot of width is nice for tying down your bike on the trailer and kneeling down to get to triple tree, etc. Went to bed at 5:30 AM - slept until 9:30 AM and then back at it. I didn't have the dealer touch the paint and I spent about an hour washing it from head to toe. I am very impressed with this bike! Only two things I don't like: The seats are a pain in the keister to get off, the side panels are hard to get off and the left side loses the top grommet every time I take it off, and the under seat storage door hinge is very very flimsy and the door feels like it is going to fall off. Minor nit picking - I am elated and really look forward to enjoying this bike.

Used tons of painters tap - much cheaper than Honda replacement parts.

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
The rubber grommets for the side panels are easy to lose. I did end up losing one or two and somewhere on the long ride back from Fl, the left side panel got lost too, I didn't even notice it was missing until I got home. Some people have zip tied those grommets in place and I'll probably get around to doing that before my next long trip. Although, the corbin seat does fit more snug to the frame and panels and it would be pretty hard to lose a side panel with this seat on.
That red looks nice, and you got a great price, congrats.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I looked at Southern online and didn't see one - it is ok though as was a fun trip with my wife and got to see family.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Looks nice, got a good price. Ride safe and have fun.

Reactions: lobsterbake

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welcome - you stole it like I did when I got mine in September ‘17!

Enjoy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts