Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
there are previous post on this subject, you may have to dig back at least a few months or more. aftermarket options for this sled are very slim as in one or zero options. so that leaves room for the more adventuresome some individuals with enough cahonies to go where others fear to tread. I wrote where not how fast.. having explored the underbelly of this beast, I see all kinds of potential options that could be put in play;

the first of which is and equalizer manifold that does away with the cats AND that inverted U toob crossover (drone maker). this first pic called 50x50 directs existing header flow in equal percentages to both stock mufflers. reality it would probably be more 60x40 only because of the volume differentials of the stock unit. but the key to this rig is that it keeps all gases in laminar flow. this does the best job of balancing the system allowing for cylinder scavaging.

the second sketch is more my preferred option. a new pair of 3 into 1 exposed headers (rid of all side and belly pan skins) feeding a 2 into 1 collector and squirting the total volume out the left side of the bike. some others have chimed in that it should be rotatable and exit the right side.. fine, just not on mine. a sizeable 2 stage muffler would do nicely to damper the roar. a hand switchable baffle plate at the muffler would allow direct exhaust flow bypassing second stage expansion for those times you want to be heard.

in either option the exhaust flow is kept laminar at all times. the existing coolant overflow bottle would get relocated to that big empty cavity termed the tool box area. tools? who needs tools when riding? its not like this is a hardley ableson or ?

this unit of mine is a mere 6 mos old and being pressed into tour duty. a few seasons down the road as its newness wears off (warranty?) and familiarity becomes boring, then it will go under the knife. It will probably be at least 50k smiles worth. for now most mods are cosmetic for tour duty. poncho

Attachments

·
Registered
403 Posts
I got rid of mine a while ago. You need to cut them off the front pipe. I saw no need to keep them. If I ever go back to originals, I will buy a set off Ebay. They are pretty cheap there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts