Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Valkyrie F6C
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to install Honda's bags, a rack and their backrest on my '14. In order for all three of those to attach to the inside of the grab bars I'm guessing that you wouldn't use the spacers that come with the bag mounting brackets if you were mounting the bags by themselves. The bracket that the backrest attaches to would be the first one on (taking the place of the spacers) and then the bag mounting bracket would go on top of that? I hope my question is clear enough...

I need the bags of course but do I need the mounting bracket AND the frame that the bag attaches to?

I'm confused, it happens frequently.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I only have the bags and luggage rack, and both came with spacers, but ultimately between them they only required one set of spacers. I'm not sure about even needing one set when you throw the backrest into the mix. And trying to connect all three at once may prove challenging. For the life of me, I couldn't get the holes to line up for both the rack and bags after hours of attempts, and finally had to resort to going to the dealer.

Richmonder

·
Registered
2014 Valkyrie F6C
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I only have the bags and luggage rack, and both came with spacers, but ultimately between them they only required one set of spacers. I'm not sure about even needing one set when you throw the backrest into the mix. And trying to connect all three at once may prove challenging. For the life of me, I couldn't get the holes to line up for both the rack and bags after hours of attempts, and finally had to resort to going to the dealer.

Richmonder
From what I see, if you are just using the luggage rack, no backrest, you need to purchase a seperate mounting bracket for that. I'm also installig the backrest and it looks like the bracket for mounting it to the inside of the grab rails is part of the whole assembly. The luggage rack attaches to that, no bracket needed.

I've got a nice sissy bar bag that's great for added storage when needed. Easy on, easy off.

I know I'll need help from the dealer on some things I'm not willing to tackle but I hope not this!

I'm going by the local Honda dealer today to get some help from them since I also need to know what parts I need for the luggage bags. I'll post what I find out.

·
Registered
343 Posts
This thread will help. Scroll down for a link to the installation instructions. There is a specific section on installing all three parts in a detail box in the instructions.

·
Registered
2014 Valkyrie F6C
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Farther! I'll take a few printed pages of the pdf file to the dealer for specific part numbers to make sure I'm getting the right pieces when I'm trying to source them somewhere.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I think I purchased mine through Amazon and eBay. At the time, I could not find a single source to order the various parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts