Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I haven't even looked at my bike since Fathers day...sadly just too busy with family drama and work is crazy. I'm wanting to slow down and slide into retirement and they want more. We will see, my days of pleasing others is running out of patience. This was a well needed ride, I was considering selling her but after today I was smiling ear to ear again, got my head straight and the cobwebs out. This bike started right up after sitting over 4 months, tire pressure was even spot on. What a smooth torque machine, I was so pleased with this bikes smooth performance today, especially after riding with two sport tourers with performance mods. I could here them dropping gears when accelerating, I did not just twisted hard and easily kept up. Such a joy to ride.馃槉

Passed these birds thinking Pink Flamingo's and had to turn around to see them...yup Pink Flamingo's!!

Water Plant Water resources Plant community Ecoregion

Then pressed on and new what I was coming up on, one of my favorite smells...fresh hay

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Sky Plant

Florida ride wouldn't be a Florida ride without some Cyprus Trees.

Tire Plant Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle

Scoped out some cool roads that I just can't do when I', leading a group and found a nice looking spot to take the wife tomorrow for lunch. Leaving early before sunrise tomorrow to beat the heat. My favorite time to ride is fall, cooler temps. lower humidity, no rain, no pollen. Should be a great ride with my wife.
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Fuel tank

Plant Terrestrial plant Natural landscape Trunk Tree

Registered
SixShooter, I understand your sentiments COMPLETELY. After years of working my fingers to the bone, trying to please others and deliver on our promises, I was beyond burned out and weary of asking for permission to take a vacation and having to work even then. Weekends and evenings were never my own, as I was always expected to respond while I was awake. I couldn't do my job in 50 hours a week, much less 40. And it only got worse with each passing day. Like yourself, I ran out of patience. I decided to retire early last year, and it was a difficult but necessary decision. Work was destroying my mental and physical health. Now I'm a free man and able to enjoy the fruits of all those years of labor.

Those are excellent photos! Great color and clarity. I echo your comments about hopping on the bike and what a great joy it is to twist the throttle and enjoy the road. My pressure had dropped in both tires by about 5 pounds, due to the cooler weather we're now having in Virginia.

Thanks for sharing your photos and experience! Put those thoughts of selling it out of your mind!

Richmonder

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SixShooter, I understand your sentiments COMPLETELY. After years of working my fingers to the bone, trying to please others and deliver on our promises, I was beyond burned out and weary of asking for permission to take a vacation and having to work even then. Weekends and evenings were never my own, as I was always expected to respond while I was awake. I couldn't do my job in 50 hours a week, much less 40. And it only got worse with each passing day. Like yourself, I ran out of patience. I decided to retire early last year, and it was a difficult but necessary decision. Work was destroying my mental and physical health. Now I'm a free man and able to enjoy the fruits of all those years of labor.

Those are excellent photos! Great color and clarity. I echo your comments about hopping on the bike and what a great joy it is to twist the throttle and enjoy the road. My pressure had dropped in both tires by about 5 pounds, due to the cooler weather we're now having in Virginia.

Thanks for sharing your photos and experience! Put those thoughts of selling it out of your mind!

Richmonder
I appreciate your good words 馃槉

1 - 4 of 4 Posts