Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the proud owner of a 2014. Bought it last May with 1800 miles on it. Was able to take a month off from work this past July and rode cross country to California and back. Not one issue! This bikes a beast!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin.
I'd love to ride cross country but my wife says that's too far.
But she let's me have 2 cycles and I do ride a lot, but not more than 1000 miles from home unless I rent a bike.
Do you use a aftermarket seat or the stock one?

·
Registered
712 Posts
No she doesn't like motorcycle's...
Exactly. I think you are probably the best judge as to whether or not you're up to a cross country ride. Best advice I ever got was to never take the advice of someone who hasn't done the thing they're advising you to do (or not do as is the case). I like the motto of the Far Riders here in Oz: "It's just a road." No matter how big the trip seems it's really just riding down this section of road...then that one....then the next one .... ie any big trip is really just lots of little ones strung together ;)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Welcome newbie from rochester. Congratulations on the coast to coast ride. The Valkyrie is a very usable motorcycle wherever you choose to ride. Stopped saturday to check on progress of getting my seat recovered. Maybe end of the month. If I'm not riding often thinking about it.
I'm in Hamburg NY and perhaps we'll cross paths one day. Even seeing another Valkyrie on the road is rare.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Welcome, from SE central Illinois! You'll love discovering each and every year of ownership of your bike just how smart you were to get one. Rarely have I enjoyed this much pleasure out of a purchase such as my pristine black '14 Valkyrie I found in '16 (that had one previous elderly owner who put on just 3,000 miles). There has not been even one moment of buyer's remorse. And I'm closing in on age 69 and have enjoyed many beautiful cars and bikes, most of which had moments of second-thoughts at one time or another. Have fun; spring is coming!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts