Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So been wanting one of these since I saw the concept of it but of course Honda didn't want to come off the price so I just waited patiently until I ran across this gorgeous blue Valkyrie at my local dealer. At $12,500 I couldn't pass it up and traded in my 2012 VROD for it this past weekend. Now the VROD was a fun bike to ride just not comfortable and after being on the Valk it's a pretty rough ride lol.

I'm a huge fan of the 1800's having had 4 wings an F6B and now the Valk. I have to say I absolutely love this thing, a lot. Very comfy for me, being kinda short it works very well for my size. Probably throw a passenger backrest and rack with the Secdem French windshield (any reviews on that?) and ride the wheels off it.

Here's a couple quick pics but hey you've seen them before lol, I did add the Kury Ergo Cruise highway pegs but I need the longer arms, the seats a bit further back than the Wing and I'm short legged. I also destickered and dereflectored as well since they look so cheesy.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome Phantom, a lot of new guys around here, me included...
The Honda rear preload factory setting is very stiff , most guys are backing down a few clicks toward the soft side.

Good luck with her.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where is that setting? Looks like you need tools to remove any of the covers?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I was considering the VRod before the F6C purchase. Would be interested to hear your opinion comparing the two on handling and acceleration.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Setting is under the black left cover to the left of the battery. Cover pops off no tools needed. Factory setting is 18 clicks from start of softest preload.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The VROD is a cool bike no doubt. The seating position is a bit to get used to, Harley calls it the Clam Shell. I found that being short I had to really reach. The Muscle doesn't have the option for mid controls which would be way better on that bike but the nightrod does. I had Toxic pipes, power commander and auto tuner with screaming eagle filter. I would say it was on par with a stock F6B in feel. The Honda is way way way smoother and more comfortable both for the rider and the passenger with better wind protection for a cruiser. The Honda of course handles better as well the wide 240 rear tire is to blame for that of course.

The VROD is cool for sure just not as comfy, just as quick and with standard ABS is nice as well. Also do like the no key ignition too just put the fob in your pocket. Overall as far as big power cruisers go I think the Honda is better choice, longer warranty and more comfy to ride in general.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts