Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from PA,

Just put money down on a Black '14.
Might pick it up in a week or so , since it's a few states away.
So looking forward to this!

·
Registered
669 Posts
Welcome to the forum from a fellow black 2014 owner myself. Black is the fastest color.

Richmonder

·
Registered
669 Posts
Ouch!:cool:

·
Registered
45 Posts
The best thing in the window of my local Harley dealer is the reflection of my '14 black beast. Congrats, it is a special bike.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congratulations on your new bike, you picked a winner.
Well, you can't trust certain dealers, I guess.
I specifically asked the salesperson who was taking care of me if there were any scuffs, scratches, dents, etc. He replied that there were none.
So, we drive 9 hrs to the dealership and look at the bike.
The first thing I see is the bag on the back of the driver backrest is crooked. Assuming that it was held on with velcro, I grab it and start to pull it so I can straighten it. What I found was there was some type of sticky adhesive smeared on the bag to hold it on. I got it on my finger tips and had a hard time cleaning it off.
Next, I look at the chrome nacelle on the tank. It had circular scratches from a key chain that was attached to the ignition key. Very evident and easy to see.
Next, I looked at the wheels. They had deep gouges in them from an amateur attempt to change the tires I guess.
The rear fender had deep gouges across the exposed painted area right behind the seat.
It had a windshield, and it had a spot right in the middle where it looked like someone touched it and had some sort of solvent on them. It left an indent in the clear plastic like it was melted.
The exhaust pipes had dents in them. You could tell this thing had been down.
The salesman said that he didn't notice any of these issues.
I went over and talked to the manager. He said that the bike was a 14 and I should expect defects.
I think they thought I would just buy it since I drove all this way.
Wrong, I walked out.
What jerks!!!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Really!!! he's in the business he should know bikes better than most, especially when specifically asked. He should answer honestly his business depends on it. It's his reputation.
I went over and talked to the manager. He said that the bike was a 14 and I should expect defects.
Really!!! expect defects? That sucks, hopefully you turned it into a good day and enjoyed a good meal somewhere. I drove across the state one time for a car that was fraudulently advertised, wasn't even the same car that was pictured in the add. Something better awaits you (y)

·
Registered
669 Posts
I would expect a dealer to be more thorough in their inspection than anyone. To say he missed all that is either blatant lying or pathetic evaluation. I bought mine sight unseen last summer after an out of state dealer assured me mine was cosmetically and mechanically sound, aside from a small scratch in the hand rails on the rear. Fortunately he was honest and the bike was indeed pristine. For a dealer to say "expect defects" is just excusive rationale for his lies. Shame on them.

Richmonder

·
Registered
360 Posts
Well, you can't trust certain dealers, I guess.
I specifically asked the salesperson who was taking care of me if there were any scuffs, scratches, dents, etc. He replied that there were none.
So, we drive 9 hrs to the dealership and look at the bike.
The first thing I see is the bag on the back of the driver backrest is crooked. Assuming that it was held on with velcro, I grab it and start to pull it so I can straighten it. What I found was there was some type of sticky adhesive smeared on the bag to hold it on. I got it on my finger tips and had a hard time cleaning it off.
Next, I look at the chrome nacelle on the tank. It had circular scratches from a key chain that was attached to the ignition key. Very evident and easy to see.
Next, I looked at the wheels. They had deep gouges in them from an amateur attempt to change the tires I guess.
The rear fender had deep gouges across the exposed painted area right behind the seat.
It had a windshield, and it had a spot right in the middle where it looked like someone touched it and had some sort of solvent on them. It left an indent in the clear plastic like it was melted.
The exhaust pipes had dents in them. You could tell this thing had been down.
I think they thought I would just buy it since I drove all this way.
Wrong, I walked out.
What jerks!!!
You might let us know what city the dealer is in, to give someone else a chance at avoiding a similar trip for that same bike. And if that is what you could easily see, you have to wonder what you could not see that they were also not disclosing....

Reactions: Richmonder

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You might let us know what city the dealer is in, to give someone else a chance at avoiding a similar trip for that same bike. And if that is what you could easily see, you have to wonder what you could not see that they were also not disclosing....
Alcoa Good Times in Tennessee.
It's a black 2014 Valkyrie
Stay far away from them!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, I am now a very happy owner of a red 2015 Valkyrie.
Found this one from a private owner. Still another state away, but worth the travel.
Super nice couple that owned it. We're actually making plans to go back to visit in about a month.
The bike had a windshield on it, but about half way home I took it off due to the wind buffeting. I'm going to do some searching on windshields. Anyways, we're very happy to have it in our stable.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Search this site for "windscreen" and something like 215 posts are listed.

Reactions: Painter
1 - 19 of 19 Posts