Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!!

I am super close to pulling the trigger on a 2014 Valk. My one concern is the limited availability of spare parts for this limited run bike. Do you see this as a problem?
Are most mechanical parts shared with the other goldwings? I assume it would be real hard to replace fenders or tank, exhaust if you had a fall? Is this reason enough NOT to buy the bike?

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi Mike,

I had the same question for myself when looking at the 2nd gen Valkyrie.
The conclusion I reached is that the Valk shares enough components with the 01-17 GoldWing that it should be good for the long haul.
The Valkyrie specific parts that you're referring to will be more troublesome to source in the very long run (20+ years) but its definitely not enough to cause me to not buy the bike (hence I have one)

Currently I think you could find enough parts online, salvage yards, forums and even Honda to completely rebuild a Valk in the case of a fall.

So I would say go ahead and get the bike.

Tazmool

·
Registered
624 Posts
I'm probably the wrong person to be responding.
In my 44 years of riding that thought has never once entered my mind. I have never thought of having a fall on a bike. I guess if I did, I would cross the bridge when I come to it? To your question..."Is this reason enough NOT to buy the bike"
I say no. All but one of my previous bikes are no longer in production. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you everyone for your thoughtful replies... im gonna do it.. now to decide between blue or black... but i wouldnt want to start a thread on that or oil... BTW i worked for ExxonMobil for 10 years.. so yeah, i have oil opinions... :) :) Hope to ride with some of you in the future... Im in Broward County Florida.. ride safe

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thank you everyone for your thoughtful replies... im gonna do it.. now to decide between blue or black... but i wouldnt want to start a thread on that or oil... BTW i worked for ExxonMobil for 10 years.. so yeah, i have oil opinions... :) :) Hope to ride with some of you in the future... Im in Broward County Florida.. ride safe
The red ones are much faster, just so you know...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do not test ride it. Once you feel the torque and hear the motor sing, it will be like your first taste of cocaine.
OOO i test rode it alright.. by accident... was looking for a cruiser ( like Vulcan 1700) as my second bike ( first is Concours14) stumbled on this one - wife and I both loved the smooth power. I wish I knew they existed before a few days ago- could have saved a couple grand.. thank you endless money printing.. i mean Putin.. I mean covid.. sorry i could not help myself..

·
Registered
151 Posts
Would enjoy reading your Valk comparison with the Concours14 when you have the opportunity.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It would be my pleasure to share my experience. FWIW i have owned over 30 bikes and the C14 is in my top 2. But a small tip over scared the wife..
I rented a GW DCT (2018) and loved it... but now is not the best time for me to spend 25k on pleasure.. so glad i found the Valk. cant wait to get it.. being shipped from out of town

·
Registered
624 Posts
It would be my pleasure to share my experience. FWIW i have owned over 30 bikes and the C14 is in my top 2. But a small tip over scared the wife..
I rented a GW DCT (2018) and loved it... but now is not the best time for me to spend 25k on pleasure.. so glad i found the Valk. cant wait to get it.. being shipped from out of town
I also owned a C14 before this bike, I had it tuned, mapped. This bike was crazy fast and had all the amenities. My all time favorite bike, not good for two up. I'm also Florida.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
624 Posts
Would enjoy reading your Valk comparison with the Concours14 when you have the opportunity.
Fast, fast, fast, comfortable (lowered pegs, risers, seat) Electric adjustable windshield, temperature, water cooled, Tetra drive flexible drive shaft, ABS linked brakes, smooth torque power across the entire range, 6 speed gearbox, honestly there was nothing I didn't like about this bike, easy to ride and fast, fast, fast. (Solo bike only) quick release bags for overnights/touring.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Fast, fast, fast, comfortable (lowered pegs, risers, seat) Electric adjustable windshield, temperature, water cooled, Tetra drive flexible drive shaft, ABS linked brakes, smooth torque power across the entire range, 6 speed gearbox, honestly there was nothing I didn't like about this bike, easy to ride and fast, fast, fast. (Solo bike only) quick release bags for overnights/touring.
If you only did solo riding (no 2 up) which bike would you choose - Valk or Concours14?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I agree with all the above. I added a Russell day long and a barn door wind screen to make it a better 2 up. The wife and I did many 10 hour days in the NC mountains. My only complaint is me and my 29" inseam and the bike is top heavy. Otherwise it is a great bike, I had FJR, ST1300 and many others.. This is either #1 or #2 favorite.. I had a 2008 Bandit 1250 that i loved much which was my other favorite.. it just put a smile on my face every time i road it- even with its flaws.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I agree with all the above. I added a Russell day long and a barn door wind screen to make it a better 2 up. The wife and I did many 10 hour days in the NC mountains. My only complaint is me and my 29" inseam and the bike is top heavy. Otherwise it is a great bike, I had FJR, ST1300 and many others.. This is either #1 or #2 favorite.. I had a 2008 Bandit 1250 that i loved much which was my other favorite.. it just put a smile on my face every time i road it- even with its flaws.
I can't believe what you said, I owned every one of those bikes, my Bandit was also a favorite that I regret parting with.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Vehicle Tire Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
624 Posts
Update guys...SpayNeuter, the discussion starter of this post has reached out to me and bought my Valkyrie. Please welcome him here. He is a man of integrity. This was certainly one of the easiest, smoothest transactions I've made.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Update guys...SpayNeuter, the discussion starter of this post has reached out to me and bought my Valkyrie. Please welcome him here. He is a man of integrity. This was certainly one of the easiest, smoothest transactions I've made.
Well, once again, I will say goodbye and good luck, Doug. We'll miss you. And again, please keep in touch.

SpayNeuter, welcome! Hope you'll be as active as Doug was and contribute to the discussion!

Richmonder

·
Registered
822 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts