Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everybody! I will be picking up my New 2014 Valkyrie next week. Very excited about it, I have been spending some time on this forum and learning a lot about the bike.

I have a question regarding additional items that come along with a new Valkyrie from the dealer, does Honda provide a Owners Manual, small toolkit etc. along with the new bike?

Thank You!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Owner's manual is usually under the seat. You can also get at it from the right side with the key but you need small hands. As for a toolkit, it's nowhere like what they used to provide. I think I only got a 5mm allen wrench, also under the seat.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Love your user name - an old-school classic.:laugh:
When I was test riding my private party purchase of a 2014 late last year, I asked the seller where the toolkit was, he pulled out that allen wrench. I said..."Seriously? You're joking". He was serious... but it is kind of a joke.:eek:

On my list of projects once I get back on the road is to find a well-built and as complete-as-will-fit into the available space tool kit. In the past, I have purchased some off random bikes from ebay, after trying to get the vendor to provide dimensions. Some of the Beemer kits are quite complete, but usually larger. Cruztools sells some really nice kits with reasonable quality tools (still made in China, from the Amazon descriptions). Their RTM3 model is one I have looked at - but at 3.5" x 9.5", don't think it will fit. That said, I'd bet that if you pulled the same tools from that handy-dandy pouch, they may fit in the under-seat compartment if bundled tight into something akin to a heavy duty ziplock...

Maybe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the welcome everyone!

Pago Cruiser - You are right about the toolkit, that was hilarious, when the dealer pulled that one out. Thanks for the recommendation about the toolkit, I will look it up.

Dark-Valkyrie - Thank you, I picked the Dark Red color.

pepo707 - Thank you!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welcome from North Carolina

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome from Georgia and congrats - you will love your Valkyrie. The power is awesome and it just glides as it is so smooth. Coming from a 2012 full dress wing - I cant believe how the same engine feels so much more powerful but it is due to 150 lbs lighter and lower center of gravity since no bags or rear trunk.

Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts