Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Everyone,

I'm Tazmool, and next week I will be picking up a new to me '14 Valkyrie.
I have been riding for about 26 years, had many bikes in the past, including a few repeats (owned 3 different Suzuki Bandits for example, many years apart) did track days on my TL1000S and original R1. Raced back in the old days on my XX and remember when the Busa came out and killed the XX. Even owned a B-King. A few adventure bikes.
Toured cross Canada on my ST1300A,

In the last few years, I've been somewhat more passive when it comes to riding. Riding fewer and fewer miles per year, new to me bikes did not change things.. Not sure what was/is going on, even sold my last bike a few months ago (T700, after waiting for it for 6 months and riding only one short season)

About 13 years ago, I did own this beauty:

It had the honda windshield & bags, tank bib, belly tank, throttle lock. It was a short love affair, and I loved riding that bike.

The new to me machine:

This new girl is practically bone stock, except for the honda windshield. I think she will need some TLC, has a somewhat uneven idle, and a ticking sound at idle (which dissappears as soon as any throttle is applied) she has about 12,500 miles on her (~20,000km) I think I'm a bit crazy for getting her, as I was planning on taking a hiatus from riding, and she needs some attention (hopefully its minor stuff)... but somehow can't give it up.

I'm looking forward to absorbing some knoledge from the good folks on this forum, and maybe someday making a contribution myself.

Cheers!

Tazmool

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Heh, I just ralized that this is my 2nd intro post on this forum!
I was thinking about a 2nd gen valk back in '18.
Funny how things change in time.

Tazmool

·
Registered
316 Posts
Welcome from DFW TX, Tazmool, you're going to love that bike, and with your experience, I for one am already looking forward to your perspective on so many topics.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Greetings Everyone,

I have been riding for about 26 years, had many bikes in the past, including a few repeats (owned 3 different Suzuki Bandits for example, many years apart) did track days on my TL1000S and original R1. Raced back in the old days on my XX and remember when the Busa came out and killed the XX. Even owned a B-King. A few adventure bikes.

In the last few years, I've been somewhat more passive when it comes to riding. Riding fewer and fewer miles per year, new to me bikes did not change things.. Not sure what was/is going on, even sold my last bike a few months ago (T700, after waiting for it for 6 months and riding only one short season)

View attachment 12627
It had the honda windshield & bags, tank bib, belly tank, throttle lock. It was a short love affair, and I loved riding that bike.

The new to me machine:
View attachment 12628
This new girl is practically bone stock, except for the honda windshield. I think she will need some TLC, has a somewhat uneven idle, and a ticking sound at idle (which dissappears as soon as any throttle is applied) she has about 12,500 miles on her (~20,000km) I think I'm a bit crazy for getting her, as I was planning on taking a hiatus from riding, and she needs some attention (hopefully its minor stuff)... but somehow can't give it up.

I'm looking forward to absorbing some knoledge from the good folks on this forum, and maybe someday making a contribution myself.

Cheers!

Tazmool
Your bike looks EXACTLY like the one I bought a year ago. The only option it had on it at the time was a tall shield, just like yours. I hope it is minor maintenance required to get her singing again! Congrats on your purchase!

Richmonder

·
Registered
343 Posts
Greetings Everyone,

View attachment 12627

The new to me machine:
View attachment 12628

Cheers!

Tazmool
Welcome Tazmool, we've owned several of the same bikes Valkyrie 1500, ST1300, Bandit 1250
Congratulations on your new Valkyrie.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Congrats! She is a beautiful black beast. Things any beautiful lady will demand - panniers, center stand, throttle lock, easy access SAE to battery, USB on handlebar, cell phone holder, drink holder, highway pegs.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the kind words everyone, I'm glad to be here and own a Valk again.
Looking forward to picking her up in a few days.

Sixshooter, yep, very similar bike choices to mine, isn't that Bandit a 1250?

Tazmool

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well its been a little while since I got my new girl home, and I'm loving the bike!

I find the oem seat to be "not bad" I may get used to it over time, or there may be a corbin seat in the future.
So far my longest ride is about 435km and there was a bit of monkey butt.
The smoothness of the engine, tranny, and handling are almost unexpected, especially the handling, its almost strange how well such a big bike handles.

Its too bad I waited this long to get a Valk!
And here's hoping for many seasons and miles!

Tazmool

·
Registered
224 Posts
I just did 1600 miles over the last four days with only minor discomfort on the stock seat. But I do use an Ultimate Bead Rider which really helps in the high temperatures. Now if I could only find a solution for my shoulder and neck pain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts