Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI everyone just returned home from picking up my brand new 2014 Red Valkyrie the bike had 0 miles on it and they were giving them away, practically... discounting $10,000 dollars of MSRP I was like... this I gotta see... after doing some research and taking a test ride I was sold... a little about me I have been a Harley Rider for about 20 years and owned 7 of those bikes... 2 of which were V-Rods so I am well accustomed to what a power cruiser is... I've always been fascinated by the flat 6 motor and was IN LOVE with the orignal Valkyrie I wanted one so bad.. and then suddenly they were gone... then they made the Rune and I was really in LOVE again but couldn't get the 26 grand together right away... and then THOSE were gone I wasn't even aware they had came out with a modern version, the bike is soooo smooth and so powerful and the torque is so useable in normal riding I am simply over the moon with this machine not to mention the well established reliability of the marque

a few questions though....

Can you REALLY? run 86 pump octane safely in the bike? coming from a high compression V-Twin and Mitsubishi 3000GT world I gotta ask

Is the max load limit on a essentially GoldWing minus the bags and fairing "really" only 370 Lbs??? that seems a little odd

·
Registered
184 Posts
Welcome. I can’t answer your load limit questions. I run 87 octane, always have with no issues 14xxx so far. I don’t know if 86 is the same. I bet some folks will be along soon.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I always use regular gas, it’s recommend in the owners manual.
Also nice to see another Valkyrie owner in the St. Louis area.
Maybe I’ll see you at Fast Eddies some day.
Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts