Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across a used 2014 Valkyrie with 4800 miles on it and a new 2014 still in the box. I've read about some clunky gear shifting from 1st and 2nd gears on the 2014 which seems to be remedied by synthetic oil. What should I be careful of if I buy a used 2014 versus a new 2014 Valkyrie besides the obvious?

·
Registered
30 Posts
After pricing new and having it shipped I decided to look for a used bike. There was a local guy with a Black 2014 non-ABS 3,500 miles for $8,500 and then I saw a post for a Red 2014 with 8,600 miles for a smokin price that had the OE sissy bar, luggage rack, small trunk, large OE windscreen and Honda manual. This was from a GW rider getting back into a GW. I figured at 8,600 miles the bugs would be worked out of it and that the ole guy probably didn't thrash it.

I have been starting in 2nd after reading that many Valk owners do this because 1st is so low. Yes mine clunks from N to either 1st or 2nd and also from gear to gear if I pull the clutch in the whole way, but if I just squeeze in a little and blip the throttle it shifts smoothly and without a sound. Not sure what oil the prev. owner used but I might use synthetic.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I just purchased a brand new 14 for 9995 in NH if that helps. Yes, some clunking but nothing like Harley or BMW bikes.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I bought a new 2014 Valkyrie from Big St Charles Motorsports in St Charles Missouri for $7995. At that price, used ones didn't even enter my mind anymore. It is being delivered to my house in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I bought a new 2014 Valkyrie from Big St Charles Motorsports in St Charles Missouri for $7995. At that price, used ones didn't even enter my mind anymore. It is being delivered to my house in a couple of weeks.[/QUOTE

When I talked to Kim at St Cs she added:
990. Ship
450 assembly
250 doc
+Transport home

·
Registered
453 Posts
I bought a new 2014 Valkyrie from Big St Charles Motorsports in St Charles Missouri for $7995. At that price, used ones didn't even enter my mind anymore. It is being delivered to my house in a couple of weeks.[/QUOTE

When I talked to Kim at St Cs she added:
990.a Ship
450 assembly
250 doc
+Transport home
That's about it what I paid ($9700)at one of my local dealer for a new 2015

·
Registered
192 Posts
I was stating just the motorcycle price. But I did pay the Doc fee and assembly. But not sure what ship is? Mine is being shipped to me for $400.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I was referring to the destination charge. where they ship it to the dealer. there's also $400 if you didn't Finance the bike with them.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I was referring to the destination charge. where they ship it to the dealer. there's also $400 if you didn't Finance the bike with them.
Here is whats on my bill of sale. I have to pay tax tag and title in Florida however.

Sale price $7999
Admin fee $79
Temp tag $5
Prep $299
Dest $380

Total to me was $8762

I did finance with them and it is through Honda America.

On a side note, I did get your PM. but I don't have enough posts to respond. I should have my bike around the 20th. I've lived in Deland for the last 13 years. Some pretty good riding around for sure.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Here is whats on my bill of sale. I have to pay tax tag and title in Florida however.

Sale price $7999
Admin fee $79
Temp tag $5
Prep $299
Dest $380

Total to me was $8762

I did finance with them and it is through Honda America.

On a side note, I did get your PM. but I don't have enough posts to respond. I should have my bike around the 20th. I've lived in Deland for the last 13 years. Some pretty good riding around for sure.
That's a Great price.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I couldn't get that price from them. Plus, I hate buying from dealers that slip all the extra charges. Glad they don't sell milk.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I couldn't get that price from them. Plus, I hate buying from dealers that slip all the extra charges. Glad they don't sell milk.
@Moe, I was leery about Big St Charles Motorsports in St Charles when I didn't get a response from them. I ended up buying locally at hondaoftheozarks.com. It may have cost a little more up front, but I've had excellent luck with them in the past and didn't have to travel or ship the bike across the state. BTW, Honda of the Ozarks is now supposed to have 6 or 7 2014s in stock, including 2 red ones. They are listed at $8898.00 which would peg them around $9500.00 OTD. Get 'em while they're hot!!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
I think it depends on when you contacted them. I was told they just dropped the price about a month ago. I dealt with Sam Weber mostly through email. But I am on vacation and am only about 4 hours from there. So I went to look at it and took the test ride. I am not sure I would have purchased it online if I didn't see it and ride it first. This is the first time I ever bought a vehicle and am having it shipped. I would love to have bought one local, but the town I live in has them and they are asking 11,999. They wouldn't come down far enough. They would only go 10,500. OTD was going to be over 11. I have no regrets on Big St Charles. They have been great so far for me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I agree. The local dealers are hard to deal with here. Hill wouldn't work on my GL1500 and didn't even make an offer to trade in my Victory. Fun machine taught me what a stock # TBA ment. They had 3 on their website, TBA. I like to do business with people who talk down to me, mislead, act like they're doing me a favor.

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
I agree. The local dealers are hard to deal with here. Hill wouldn't work on my GL1500 and didn't even make an offer to trade in my Victory. Fun machine taught me what a stock # TBA ment. They had 3 on their website, TBA. I like to do business with people who talk down to me, mislead, act like they're doing me a favor.
Most of the dealers in our area think that since we live in Florida they can keep and get the higher prices. I have been to Hill plenty of times. Even their used bikes are a little pricey. I was looking at a Yamaha Raider S there. Was a great looking bike and at 1900 cc's, very appealing to me. But they wanted a small fortune for it. At least 3000 more than private sellers. They have a great showroom and I love looking there, but they are hard to work with. I am hoping they can work on the Valkyrie for me when needed. I have been using Heavy Metal Motorsports for a few years, and have had pretty good luck there, but wouldn't mind using the dealership for this bike since its brand new. If I had room for a lift, I would probably do most of it myself when it needed something.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts