Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my 2014 Valkyrie and rode it home last Wednesday. Very impressed with the power, handling and styling. That 80 mile trip convinced me that I had made the right decision. Sold my Victory Cross Country and paid cash for this bike. I had the fog lamps installed and the 12volt charging kit. I've already ordered a Sissy Bar, Barrel Bag, highway pegs, Brakeaway Cruise control and a windshield, which should all be arriving by Friday. I returned a set of Viking Bags simply because I just didn't like the look of them and the fitment. Looking forward to learning, asking questions and riding! Thanks for all the great ideas so far and I'll see ya'll on the road!
Smitty

·
Registered
712 Posts
I love it more then when I bought the thing.
Was just thinking that today while out riding. My appreciation of this bike just seems to grow and grow the more familiar I get with it. Magnificent machines. People still tell me its "too big", "too heavy", "too much power" yada yada yada....and THEY'VE NEVER RIDDEN THE FRIGGIN' THING! More fool them. Go buy your big v twin and you'll never know what you're missing out on. Six cylinders every day for me.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Howdy, Smitty.
I know it was a bit tough letting go of your Victory, huh?
I did exactly the same thing last month. Sold my 2015 Victory Gunner, NOT because I did not like it.
It was a very cooool bike.

I loved my Victory.
However, in order to get my hands on an unridden Valkyrie before they are all gone, I sold the Vic for cash, and then paid cash for my 2014 Valkyrie.
I see you got your hands on a blue one!
That's the color I wanted, too.
But my local dealer only had black ones, still in their crates.
My Gunner was a fast motorcycle.
But there's "fast," and then there's Valkyrie FAST, right? :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Howdy, Smitty.
I did exactly the same thing last month. Sold my 2015 Victory Gunner, NOT because I did not like it.

I loved my Victory.
However, in order to get my hands on an unridden Valkyrie before they are all gone, I sold the Vic for cash, and then paid cash for my 2014 Valkyrie.

I couldn't agree more! I did love my Victory Cross Country but parts availability was non existent after Polaris dropped the brand. I thought my Vic was fast but this Valkyrie is on a whole other level!!! I love the blue and it was the last one I could find within 100 miles of where I live so I jumped on it. Mine had just been uncrated when I bought it as well. Good luck and good to see another former Vic rider who made the switch!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Howdy, Smitty.

I loved my Victory.
Still have my 2012 Victory Cross Roads with no plans on selling it anytime soon. Probably not worth much anyway with over 115,000 miles. Plus I have so many great friends in the Victory family it's tough to let go of.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Glad there is another Blue one in Texas, thought I might be only the lonely. I live just off I-10 between H-Town and Old San Antonio in the oil patch know as Luling.
Only thing here is a Buccees out on I-10 and City Market BBQ where you get some award winning BBQ in Texas.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Glad there is another Blue one in Texas, thought I might be only the lonely. I live just off I-10 between H-Town and Old San Antonio in the oil patch know as Luling.
Only thing here is a Buccees out on I-10 and City Market BBQ where you get some award winning BBQ in Texas.
The last couple of years I have spent the first week of April doing the Hill Country with the Victory club staying in Kerrville.
Next year I'll probably be on the Valkyrie and will have to come check out your BBQ place.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
City Market BBQ is absolutely delicious! I've eaten there several times over the years. I'm glad you also got the blue one gr8bond007. I have the only Valkyrie I've seen around Houston lately of any color!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the add. I own a full sized Wing, and I just purchased a 2015 Valk for the Mrs. She was riding a 07 Sabre which took a lot of convincing to get her to part ways with. It was her starter bike. She loves to ride with me. At some point after me drilling into her that she was working herself and her Shadow too hard. Well her ride home from dealer 4.5 hour, she was blown away by the easy clutch, shifting gears and effortless acceleration. However not so pleased with seat. With only 2000 miles on it, I said it's still new, give it a little time. I see many more years of smiley rides

·
Registered
72 Posts
Welcome Avia!

I had a long ride home from the dealer as well, and moving from a V-Twin to the Valk was definitely a learning curve. In particular, the Valk is so smooth that I was going over 100 without even realizing it.

Get a new seat ASAP. I have the Corbin dual touring and 12 hours of straight riding is nothing, whereas anything over an hour was uncomfortable, and 4 was about the limit with the stock seat.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome! Get ready for lots of "what is it?" or " didn't know there was a 2019 Valk out?" I'll stop at a fast food place and while eating will have someone "join me" just to talk about Her. People will roll down their windows at red lights and ask, "What is it?" and I get at least 3 thumbs up everyday. She's the beast and she's a pleasure to ride.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I’m very curious about the Valk ...will it really work for me to split lanes in LA ? Especially on the I-5 which has really narrow lanes ... I currently do that on a 2013 VT750C2B .. phantom.
A dealer nearby has one but I personally feel it’s overpriced at 10k + fees and taxes , I know the MSRP was 18k , but cmon it’s a 5 year old bike already and I will have to swap out the tires as soon as I buy it etc ... please advise me if it’s indeed a good idea to make this upgrade.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I’m very curious about the Valk ...will it really work for me to split lanes in LA ? Especially on the I-5 which has really narrow lanes ... I currently do that on a 2013 VT750C2B .. phantom.
A dealer nearby has one but I personally feel it’s overpriced at 10k + fees and taxes , I know the MSRP was 18k , but cmon it’s a 5 year old bike already and I will have to swap out the tires as soon as I buy it etc ... please advise me if it’s indeed a good idea to make this upgrade.
If there are any new ones left you should be able to buy one for $9000 or less.
Now you have to find one.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If there are any new ones left you should be able to buy one for $9000 or less.
Now you have to find one.
No new ones in the area ... this is used with 1.5k miles which is relatively low I get it ... there’s another used one in the area for 10k , but both are non ABS , is it ok to go with non ABS ?

·
Registered
276 Posts
No new ones in the area ... this is used with 1.5k miles which is relatively low I get it ... there’s another used one in the area for 10k , but both are non ABS , is it ok to go with non ABS ?
Then find one further away, ride it home, and pay yourself $2000 minus expenses. Not sure where you are, but I've seen LOT of them in St Louis, Austin, TX and Florida. Search cycletrader.com for 2014 F6C. I chose blue rather than ABS.:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
My wife and I rode 200+ miles away from home to find hers a 2015 with 2,093 miles on the bike. Her little short legged self was thrilled all the way home. The smiles were priceless

·
Registered
6 Posts

I did it in Bay area the day I got it.. it was easy peasy. Even easier if you are able to remove the side bags

1 - 20 of 39 Posts