Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I've been riding motorcycles for 40 years in Australia. Have never ridden in any other countries.
Over the past 10 years I've had tourers, cruisers and most recently sports bikes. My last bike was a Kawasaki ZX14R (bought new in 2013) and loved the rapid acceleration and ground clearance. I could see myself heading for a big one as it was way too easy to go very fast. So started looking around to slow down a bit and enjoy more of the scenery on a cruiser. I've had Suzukis, Triumphs and Kawasakis before but never owned a Honda. I read about the new F6C Valkyrie in a bike magazine and took one for a test ride - and was hooked. Ordered a new one and traded the ZX14R.
I picked up the new candy red 40th Anniversary Valkyrie 4 days ago and love it. Yep, it's certainly much slower than a sports bike but wow it's got torque, feels like I could tow my boat trailer with it. It nice to now ride sitting upright, rather than down across the tank like I've been for the last few years.
Looking forward to reading about rides and accessories fitted by other F6C owners.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome Aussie Rob

I know what you mean when you say one ride and your hooked... enjoy the forum

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi SurfnDad,
You'd find KX a bit quieter now, imposed alcohol limits and early morning lock outs of clubs & bars. Fewer pissed idiots and assault levels gone down markedly in the Cross, but the bar owners aren't happy. Less dollars for them I guess.
Bondi still popular for surfers.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I was there from 90 to 93 worked at a recovery bar. We opened at 8pm on Thursday and closed Sunday at 3pm. Yah we made a ton of cash, I'm sure the owners aren't happy. But it was pretty crazy place.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'm thinking that a recovery bar is a bar that is set up in a surgical recovery room. It is utilized after someone pulls a foot from someone's arse after an arse kicking? ;)

·
Registered
374 Posts
No it was the place everyone went when all the other bars closed. And it was ugly when a bunch of people stumbled out of the bar at 10 am next to a church dressed in leather and lace. It's called the hellfire club Black Market.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hellfire Club is long closed down. Reputedly a drug den and got raided by the police so many times, also someone got murdered there, that apparently Liquor Administration Board suspended the liquor licence. Never re-opened there.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Yeh it's was pretty seedy, and your right about the drugs it was a ecstasy factory for young kids 18-25. But the girl shows is what was bizarre. I was behind the bar all night so I was safe. ☺ I meet one of the bartenders that worked at Barons in the cross and ended up being her flatmate. Leaved with her for about 2 years. I had to either marry her or go under the radar because my passport was up. So I came back to being a yank.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts