Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm brand new here (as of 5 minutes ago) and I'm hoping that I'm posting this in the right forum. I tried doing a search, but didn't find anything that could answer my question.

I am in the process of purchasing a 2014 Valkyrie, but have not had the chance to ride one or even sit on one yet. The bike is about 750 miles away and I'm planning to drive up to pick it up with a trailer tomorrow. I've had numerous bikes over the last 15 years with my most recent one being a CBR1100XX. I've heard a ton of great things about the Valkyrie and love the looks of it.

Here's my question. I have a size 16 shoe and I've heard that these bikes have very limited boot room due to the size of the engine. Is there anyone on the forum that has dealt with this before? Is there anyone that has a comparable or larger shoe that rides the Valkyrie and did you have to modify the peg/shifter/rear brake pedal to make it work? I'm open to any feedback you have as I'm planning on hitting the road tomorrow morning to go pick it up.

Thanks in advance and I'm looking forward to being active in this community!

·
Registered
315 Posts
First of all, welcome to the forum, although I have no official representative position other than enthusiasm for this particular motorcycle. And I thought MY feet were too big for this bike! I'm only size 11, and it's really not a problem for me, just different. More of an upright riding posture than the "lean-back" of most HDs or the "lean-forward" of most sport bikes. I use the original pegs plus Rivco folding/integrated highway pegs for a change of position once in awhile which negate your foot-size problem. As long as you don't also have a 42" inseam! The problem isn't so much the size of the engine, although large at over 1800cc's, as it is the boxer-flat configuration and resulting external dimensions. I love the engine so much that I've always allowed for it's other "Quirks and Features"! I think they help separate this bike from the masses. Hope you do, too. Good luck!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First of all, welcome to the forum, although I have no official representative position other than enthusiasm for this particular motorcycle. And I thought MY feet were too big for this bike! I'm only size 11, and it's really not a problem for me, just different. More of an upright riding posture than the "lean-back" of most HDs or the "lean-forward" of most sport bikes. I use the original pegs plus Rivco folding/integrated highway pegs for a change of position once in awhile which negate your foot-size problem. As long as you don't also have a 42" inseam! The problem isn't so much the size of the engine, although large at over 1800cc's, as it is the boxer-flat configuration and resulting external dimensions. I love the engine so much that I've always allowed for it's other "Quirks and Features"! I think they help separate this bike from the masses. Hope you do, too. Good luck!
Thank you for the quick response! This will be the first cruiser I've had and I'm really excited about it. Two bikes ago, I had a Yamaha FZ6 and another blackbird before it. I loved the riding position of the FZ6 which was very upright, but still sporty enough to have fun in the twisties. I'm hoping the Valkyrie is the same!

The bike I've got found has highway pegs already installed and I'm sure I'll be using them a ton (another first for me). Do you find yourself having difficulty with getting your foot into position on the toe shifter on yours?

·
Registered
392 Posts
My riding shoes are a size 12. I was having issues with the low-mounted shift lever and the rear brake pedal. The brake lever is easy to move up but the shift lever is not so easy. I think there is a way to raise the shift lever but I haven't figured it out and I am reluctant to tear into all the plastic stuff.

My solution was to install lowered pegs which solved both the brake pedal and shift lever issues and to wear low-toebox profile Highway 21 Axle shoes. You could also install a kick shifter.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Some good ideas mentioned above. My friend also has a Valkyrie and has size 14 feet. It was an issue for him. He tried mini boards and almost lost his foot in a left turn. (toe down under shift peg) caught pavement. He then tried Knight Design lowered pegs which are real nice, same problem with feet contacting pavement in hard corners. He then tried the Kuryakyn Heal/Toe mentioned by Farther in above post. His feet touched both front and rear pegs making it very hard to shift and ride. He was so frustrated he turned and head home from a ride we were on. He then cut the rear heal shifter arm/lever off and used only the toe portion of the heal toe set up. This mounts to the peg and extends out much further making it easier for him to shift. This was his fix. It's a good bike, great engine, Hope you can make it work for you.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Chris! Good luck with your new bike. You will love it. The bike's center of gravity with the boxer engine makes it a blast in twisties. But get used to it first.

The guys on here are a wealth of valuable information, and chances are just about any questions you have about it have been asked and answered, if you look around. As to your foot issue, I'd say Farther is right about using a heel toe shifter. That's probably the easiest and least expensive solution.

Richmonder

Reactions: RealtorChrisKC

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. Sorry I’ve been on the road since yesterday morning. I drove from my home in Olathe, KS to Warren, MI to pick up this beauty this morning. I actually just got home an hour ago and can’t stop admiring her. The gentleman that I bought it from took incredibly great care of it. 2014 with only 3568 miles on it. He added a heated Corbin seat with the backrests, Corbin bags, boulevard windshield, highway pegs, and the led driving lights. I couldn’t have found a nicer bike.

I need to get through titling it first and my next step will be figuring out the peg issue. Thanks for all of the suggestions!

·
Registered
782 Posts
BEAUTIFUL bike, man! Congrats on your purchase. You're going to love it.

Richmonder

Reactions: RealtorChrisKC

·
Registered
1998 Valkyrie 1500C
19 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm brand new here (as of 5 minutes ago) and I'm hoping that I'm posting this in the right forum. I tried doing a search, but didn't find anything that could answer my question.

I am in the process of purchasing a 2014 Valkyrie, but have not had the chance to ride one or even sit on one yet. The bike is about 750 miles away and I'm planning to drive up to pick it up with a trailer tomorrow. I've had numerous bikes over the last 15 years with my most recent one being a CBR1100XX. I've heard a ton of great things about the Valkyrie and love the looks of it.

Here's my question. I have a size 16 shoe and I've heard that these bikes have very limited boot room due to the size of the engine. Is there anyone on the forum that has dealt with this before? Is there anyone that has a comparable or larger shoe that rides the Valkyrie and did you have to modify the peg/shifter/rear brake pedal to make it work? I'm open to any feedback you have as I'm planning on hitting the road tomorrow morning to go pick it up.

Thanks in advance and I'm looking forward to being active in this community!
I have a Valkyrie as well. My boot is only a 10 and I noticed the same thing. Lots of guys have put on regular rocker (toe/heel) shifters which would eliminate that. I purchased a clutch stabilizer bracket from JERSY MIKE and have yet to install it but that is supposed to stabilize the shifting from what they say. It is still a “toe up/toe down” shifter lever however.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys. Sorry I’ve been on the road since yesterday morning. I drove from my home in Olathe, KS to Warren, MI to pick up this beauty this morning. I actually just got home an hour ago and can’t stop admiring her. The gentleman that I bought it from took incredibly great care of it. 2014 with only 3568 miles on it. He added a heated Corbin seat with the backrests, Corbin bags, boulevard windshield, highway pegs, and the led driving lights. I couldn’t have found a nicer bike.

I need to get through titling it first and my next step will be figuring out the peg issue. Thanks for all of the suggestions!
So you're the one that bought it! I was looking hard at that one, since it had pretty much everything I wanted at a great price, but I waited too long. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So you're the one that bought it! I was looking hard at that one, since it had pretty much everything I wanted at a great price, but I waited too long. Enjoy it!
I am! I won't tell you what I paid for it, but it was less than the listed price. I always pay cash for my toys and my wife had me on a tight budget for this one. I didn't think I had a shot at it, but figured it couldn't hurt to message him on it so I did. Super nice guy in his late 60's that was getting out of motorcycles while he still could. He agreed to my offer and the rest is history.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am! I won't tell you what I paid for it, but it was less than the listed price. I always pay cash for my toys and my wife had me on a tight budget for this one. I didn't think I had a shot at it, but figured it couldn't hurt to message him on it so I did. Super nice guy in his late 60's that was getting out of motorcycles while he still could. He agreed to my offer and the rest is history.
Aw man, don't tell me that! Now I really feel bad for hesitating!

I hope you enjoy it and can get many comfortable miles out of it. If you decide it's not for you and want your money back, let me know, lol.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My riding shoes are a size 12. I was having issues with the low-mounted shift lever and the rear brake pedal. The brake lever is easy to move up but the shift lever is not so easy. I think there is a way to raise the shift lever but I haven't figured it out and I am reluctant to tear into all the plastic stuff.

My solution was to install lowered pegs which solved both the brake pedal and shift lever issues and to wear low-toebox profile Highway 21 Axle shoes. You could also install a kick shifter.

Im a size 12 and I did the same on my '14. I used drop-down mini boards and adjusted the pitch of the boards. Im about to make a slight adjustment to the brake pedal as well

·
Registered
1998 Valkyrie 1500C
19 Posts
Im a size 12 and I did the same on my '14. I used drop-down mini boards and adjusted the pitch of the boards. Im about to make a slight adjustment to the brake pedal as well by raising the
Tire Wheel Crankset Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel

point where the screw tightens
I had the same on my ‘98 Val. I had a JERSEY MIKES clutch assist installed so as to stabilize the shifting and internal wear (unlrelated to your concern here) but at the same time I had the shop fix that darn Honda fail with the clutch foot shifter. There was NO adjustment with the floorboard, the adjustment that was easily made was at the mounting pivot point. (see photo if I can attach it).

·
Registered
121 Posts
My friend also has a Valkyrie and has size 14 feet. It was an issue for him. He tried mini boards and almost lost his foot in a left turn. (toe down under shift peg) caught pavement. He then tried Knight Design lowered pegs which are real nice, same problem with feet contacting pavement in hard corners. He then tried the Kuryakyn Heal/Toe mentioned by Farther in above post. His feet touched both front and rear pegs making it very hard to shift and ride. He was so frustrated he turned and head home from a ride we were on. He then cut the rear heal shifter arm/lever off and used only the toe portion of the heal toe set up.
Thats crazy, I didnt realize how many people had this issue!

The stock shift lever actually turns downward right after it turns 90 degrees and heads out to the toe contact portion. I just took out the assembly, laid it on a few 2x4 scraps on a my garage floor and hit it with a hammer until it was straight. Probably took me 15 minutes to remove and replace since I had the trim pieces off for the centerstand install, and maybe 2-3 minutes of hammering. I didnt measure it before hand but it is probably 1/2"-3/4" higher and it works perfectly for me now.

Tire Automotive tire Hood Wheel Automotive lighting

1 - 17 of 17 Posts