Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all fellow Valkyrie F6C owners. I just purchased my 2014 Black Valkyrie (non abs) yesterday from the original owner with 1,019 miles I also own a 2012 Goldwing that I enjoy for touring and long trips. I wanted a cruiser last year for the shorter trips and ended up buying a new 15 Suzuki M109 BOSS. As it turned out the bike had a slight clutch "knock" noise that bothered the crap out of me and Suzuki didn't want to acknowledge or repair it for me. They told me it was normal. Well I had been looking at the Valkyries previous to buying the M109 so I went to my local Honda dealer and test drove one to see if I would like it. I couldn't sell the Suzuki fast enough after the test ride on the Valkyrie! I have been riding all my life and at 52 years old I can say that my 2 favorite bikes in all my 36 years of riding are now sitting in my garage! My favorite is definitely the Valkyrie over the Wing but they both have their purpose. I'm ecstatic to be a Valkyrie owner!!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Congrats, on the new ride. I'm still saving up for a Valk, but the m109 would be my second choice if I just can't make a deal happen on a Valk. I know all about the clunk, it's actually characteristic of the zuki cruisers. I have the m50 model now, and rotella t6 makes the gears a little bit smoother. Finding the oil your bike likes will help a wee bit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats, on the new ride. I'm still saving up for a Valk, but the m109 would be my second choice if I just can't make a deal happen on a Valk. I know all about the clunk, it's actually characteristic of the zuki cruisers. I have the m50 model now, and rotella t6 makes the gears a little bit smoother. Finding the oil your bike likes will help a wee bit.
Thanks. You should wait and save enough for the Valk. It has so much more torque and handles 10x better than the 109. My 109 didn't have a clunk, it was more like a rod knock in the motor in 2nd - 4th gear around 2500 rpm that went away when the bike was hot or ridden for 30+ minutes. I had a 2006 M109 that did not make that noise so when the dealer told me it was normal I didn't believe them. When I demanded they fix it while it was under warranty they told me that if they tear it down and don't find anything they were going to charge me for the labor and parts used. I told them that since they were claiming it was normal I may as well just give them my money up front before they even tore it down. It really did not sit well with me and I will probably never buy a Suzuki ever again. As far as oil is concerned I am an Amsoil customer for life.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Thanks. You should wait and save enough for the Valk. It has so much more torque and handles 10x better than the 109. My 109 didn't have a clunk, it was more like a rod knock in the motor in 2nd - 4th gear around 2500 rpm that went away when the bike was hot or ridden for 30+ minutes. [...] It really did not sit well with me and I will probably never buy a Suzuki ever again. As far as oil is concerned I am an Amsoil customer for life.
Ah yeah that sounds different from the gear clunk I'm used to. Suzuki has the worst rep for customer service and a bad habit of denying anything is their problem. I'm convinced they're the worst of all the japanese companies. Thanks for clarifying. I'll just keep looking for a Valk I can afford.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts