Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have never been a fan of the stock rear tail light/license plate frames on any bike.. especially those lolipop reflectors.. The Valk is no different.. I wanted to go with a naked rear look and remove everything and replace the tail light/turns with something new/low profile.. I finally got into the rear fender frame and cut the lower portion of the metal bracket off right at the fender line.. I also removed the plastic shroud that holds the tail light in place.. I removed the tail light and by itself the tail light is finished very nicely on the bottom and I decided I could keep it and just cut the bottom part of the shroud holding it place.. I also mounted a Kuryakyn sidemount license plate bracket off the rear exhaust hanger.. I’ve got some Adjure bullet turns coming and will mount them to the side of the fender.. along with a kuryaky run/turn/brake controller/flasher to get more visibility to the back..

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
I like it . mounted mine under the Honda luggage rack.
Thanks for sharing

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have to admit after getting the plate mounted up I’m not 100% crazy about it either. It looks a little out of place.. I have that same plate holder mount on my Roadstar.. That bike is all chromed out and that plate works much better on that bike.. I’m gonna leave it there for now so I can ride and see if it grows on me while I research a more low profile alternative.. maybe a black chrome holder with a smoked screen cover mounted right on the fender...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I played around with your pic and gave you a fatter tire and removed the tag.
Under luggage would be great if you had one.
Thanks.. That looks better! And a fatter tire with less clearance between the fender would look really nice.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like it . mounted mine under the Honda luggage rack.
Thanks for sharing
That looks nice fellow Florida plater.. where about are you at? I’m in Clearwater.. You did a good job cutting that lower shroud.. Looks nice and even.. You must have taken a hack saw to your lower as well :D

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm going to try to send three pics I just now took of my poor bike, sitting out in an unheated garage in very cold weather, but I wanted to send these now instead of waiting for a better photo op. I, too, did not like the look of the back plate/reflector/etc. situation when I bought the bike. I modified mine a little bit toward the end of the riding season, but I now see I like what the OP, Valk, did by cutting right up to the bottom of the tail light. (I agree, you did that well. I'd considered the same but thought I'd think about it over the winter. Thanks for showing me the way!) I bought an aftermarket plate frame that was black powder-coated (cast aluminum, I believe) and had the right curve I was looking for to compliment the radial curve of the back fender. It also has a hidden LED in the top of the frame to illuminate the plate, so I won't miss the original wart-shaped Honda unit. Just sharing ideas.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts