Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

New guy here, old guy to Valkyries

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  srteach 
#1 ·
Same user name on VRCC as here.
On the 10th of this July, I purchased a blue '14 F6C in Washington. It had 1076 miles on it. Drove it home 445 miles. That ride had a quick order in to Corbin for a new seat, still waiting on it. Now, on the 29th, I have over 1980 miles on it. Love the bike.

I am selling my previous '98 Valk Standard. As near to perfect mechanicals as is possible on it, and only 300 miles on new tires. I put 38,000 miles on it in the last 8 years I have had it, and have upgraded, modified, and repaired just about everything myself.
Glad I found this forum. Lookin to gain lots of information from all the users here.

#2 ·
Welcome srteach! Great bunch of guys here. Please post some pics when you get a chance and be sure to reply to the serial number thread.

Richmonder

#5 ·
Welcome from Wisconsin
Enjoy that new bike
Same user name on VRCC as here.
On the 10th of this July, I purchased a blue '14 F6C in Washington. It had 1076 miles on it. Drove it home 445 miles. That ride had a quick order in to Corbin for a new seat, still waiting on it. Now, on the 29th, I have over 1980 miles on it. Love the bike.

I am selling my previous '98 Valk Standard. As near to perfect mechanicals as is possible on it, and only 300 miles on new tires. I put 38,000 miles on it in the last 8 years I have had it, and have upgraded, modified, and repaired just about everything myself.
Glad I found this forum. Lookin to gain lots of information from all the users here.
Welcome to the Forum. I'm Dan from Crested Butte, Colorado

Attachments

#10 ·
Thank you. I try to take good care of both of them.
I bought the '98 about 8 years ago. She was a show-not-go bike at the time and ran as rough as a Harley. Now, she is a show-and-go bike.
Moving up to the '14 means I have to sell the old gal, but I think it is time. I still take good care of the old gal.

#13 ·
I'm a speed freak, so both bikes are dreamy for me. I've had the '98 to about 140 on the speedo, and the the '14 to 120. Only once each to test.
I love riding both.
The '98 has longer acceleration times to whatever you want for speed, while the '14 gets to the top end RIGHT NOW. Both are as smooth as can be for the road they are on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.