Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I recently bought an F6C from a bloke who is/was a member here. He recommended this place and after having a look around and knowing I have much to learn about my new toy I decided to join up. The bike has been delivered from interstate and I have sat on it but am yet to twist the throttle in anger. This weekend perhaps...

I have ridden and owned many bikes but never a flat six. My favorite bike of all, at least so far is my 2009 Vmax which I have had for far longer than I have ever kept any other ride. I am keen to see/ feel/ hear the differences between that and the Valkyrie.

I am blessed to live near some sweet roads and riding season here is fast approaching so things are looking pretty good right about now.

Here's a pic of the bike I bought, taken before it left the previous owner's possession. The topbox (you guys call it a trunk?) mount is now on the shelf in my shed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will check with the previous owner and let you know but I have a feeling he said he made it himself as the available aftermarket jobs were in his opinion, too flimsy - something this one could not be accused of!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Welcome from Seminole, Florida
My friend has both the VMax and the Valkyrie. He says the VMax is a torque monster and a blast to ride. He prefers the Valkyrie for an only bike. Smoother, better fuel range, better handling. I see you have the Torque Master pipes (Rare as Hens Teeth) an now unobtainable. I wonder if it also has the Torque Loops installed?

Congratulations on your down under purchase.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Welcome from Ft Worth, Texas! You're gonna love that ride!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome from Seminole, Florida
My friend has both the VMax and the Valkyrie. He says the VMax is a torque monster and a blast to ride. He prefers the Valkyrie for an only bike. Smoother, better fuel range, better handling. I see you have the Torque Master pipes (Rare as Hens Teeth) an now unobtainable. I wonder if it also has the Torque Loops installed?

Congratulations on your down under purchase.
I had no idea that the Torquemaster pipes were no longer available. I hope l can get a pair of Torque Loopz still because my bike does not have them. The pipes have one baffle in each side, which l am keen to remove if it is feasible? Anybody know about this?
I don't expect the Valkyrie to be an aggressive monster like the Vmax but that's okay - one fire breathing licence eradicator in the shed is quite enough.

And thanks for the welcome blokes.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Welcome to the forum, J.D.! You'll find a good bunch of guys and a wealth of knowledge here. What's a bloke? Just kidding. Love the Aussie dialect!

Richmonder

·
Registered
241 Posts
Welcome, looks like a very nice bike. As you said "I have sat on it but am yet to twist the throttle in anger", I thought I should add a cautionary note: don't. :cool: One of the very first times I was out riding on mine, years ago, I was coming to an intersection where I did not have a stop sign, but the streets to my left and right did. I saw the guy in his cage, on my right, stopped at the sign, but I never got an "eyeball" and didn't know if he really saw me or was about to pull out in front of me. I shoulda hit the horn (I think you might be surprised by how loud it is, stock!), but instead I reflexively just revved my engine. For the noise. Like I used to do on my previous bike, a HD big-bagger. Now, with the Harley, even in a (higher) gear, it would lurch a little bit forward and yet produce the appropriate sound to get the cager's attention. The Valkyrie, on the other hand, acted like I had just hopped on a horse who's butt was being branded at the same time. And the scariest part was that my left hand wasn't even on the handlebars, just resting in my lap. That's the closest I've come to losing it on the Valk, and I have never used that "technique" again! Like I said, welcome, J.D., and try the horn!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Advice noted Kugo - thanks. Interesting you mention a Harley. Which bike do you prefer to ride? I have a Heritage Softail which I like but I see more as a "coffee shop cruiser". I plan on using the Valkyrie for more long distance rides.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Crested Butte, Colorado. A ski resort town in the Rocky Mountains of southern Colorado.

This is a great place to get and share information. You are lucky to not have the stock seat... that thing is garbage and confirmed on the forum. I can ride the stock seat for 400 miles or so before the body starts talking. I even have an Air-Hawk cushion. I just ordered the Corbin dual tourer. Several of the guys here ride the dual tourer (with backrests) for long distance riding and several have the gun fighter. I think that's what's on your machine, maybe?

This bike has so much torque. Kugo's advice is very sound.

Years ago I worked with a bunch of Aussies from Telstra. One of them even brought me back a six pack of VB and a Didgeridoo made by a bushman. Virtual beer, mate! 🍺🍺🍺🍺

Hang on and have fun on your new Valkyrie! 😎

·
Registered
379 Posts
I had no idea that the Torquemaster pipes were no longer available. I hope l can get a pair of Torque Loopz still because my bike does not have them. The pipes have one baffle in each side, which l am keen to remove if it is feasible? Anybody know about this?
I don't expect the Valkyrie to be an aggressive monster like the Vmax but that's okay - one fire breathing licence eradicator in the shed is quite enough.

And thanks for the welcome blokes.
J.D.
I think it best to speak with the creator..."Jimmy the Torque Master" here's his website Hand Crafted in The USA | Torq Master Pipes

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks to both of you blokes.

I just sent Jimmy a message and will post my questions to him and his reply for the interest of all.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well maybe not.

The email I sent bounced and was apparently a "permanent error". I copied and pasted the address so I know that's not the problem.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Advice noted Kugo - thanks. Interesting you mention a Harley. Which bike do you prefer to ride? I have a Heritage Softail which I like but I see more as a "coffee shop cruiser". I plan on using the Valkyrie for more long distance rides.
Mine was an '80 FLT that had been totally customized by the dealer after it had been traded in. All black, with just a hint of HD orange pinstripe, engine crinkle-coated black, trunk removed. Got attention anywhere I rode. It was comfortable enough and I really did love it for the years I had it. With the floorboards, which I don't want on my Valk, you could adjust your position if you needed to and it had a very nice custom two-up seat. My plus 1 was always comfy, too. Power/torque maybe half of what the Valk has and with more weight. Here was the kicker, J.D.: it was nearing Christmas 2016 and I hadn't had a bike in a few years, as I'd sold my HD to buy a 1968 Pontiac GTO convertible. Could get the girlfriend's kids to come along, unlike the bike. Well, I go to check out a HD batwing-style bagger, a used 2012 at my local Honda/Indian dealer, that they were asking about $1500 too much for. I asked if I could test ride it up and down the side road they were located on and they told me I could as long as I stayed in sight. I hopped on and stared down in disbelief. Everything was virtually identical, switchgear and everything else, as my 32 year OLDER bike had looked! I was stunned, and SO disappointed. I wanted something NEW! I didn't even take it any further than their driveway and came back. No thank you. Then I saw a used 2014 Valkyrie on the floor. I checked it out a bit, didn't want the blue color, and went online to fine one at a dealer 400 miles from me and had it shipped sight-unseen. I am SO glad that when I walk into my garage I see a bike that still thrills and excites me. At 70 years of age, that works for me. You're gonna love it!
:cool:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Sixshooter. I tried the same email address through an alternative email account of mine before I saw your suggestion and that worked. Jimmy got back to me very quickly and his generous reply was full of valuable information. As a result of what he and people here have said, I have decided to leave well enough alone but will probably purchase a pair of Torq Loopz from him and give that a run. My choice to do that is based much more on weight saving and torque increase than tying to give the bike a ballsier note though.

·
Registered
379 Posts
My friend installed the torque loops paired with Jimmy's pipes. He said it really woke the bike up. He also sent his ICU to Don Guhl for remapping. I'm told the remapping is not required on our bikes, but he did it anyway. I liked the sound. It was mellow at idle and cruise, just bark a little when you get on it. Keep us posted on your progress. Glad you were able to reach him. He's got the answers.

Guess I'm changing with age, I've made or purchased exhaust for every motorcycle I've owned. I enjoy my Valkyrie's stock exhaust. Actually I really like it allot. I think it sounds wonderful and the slash cut tips match the bikes styling.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts