Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I logged in this morning and thought the site was malfunctioning! It took me a little while to realize we'd undergone a makeover, and then go through all the "what's new" windows. Personally I was quite happy with the old format. I'm that way with every web site - I get used to seeing it and accessing it a certain way, and then everything changes. Often, it's not for the better. I suppose I'll get used to the new interface in good time, but I always liked the quick glance to the right enabling me to see what the latest thread and post was. I had to update the URL's on both my PC and my mobile bookmarks to get the correct page to load going forward. I suppose I'll figure out how best to navigate all this change in time, and see the benefits of moving to the new format. For now, it's a major adjustment trying to figure out how to interpret everything.

I don't usually like change and in most cases these days it's one step forward, two steps back. As one example, the company that supplies me with my home video security recently completely re-did their interface, and in the process, eliminated the 16/32/64/128X review speeds for looking at video footage. Now, I can only go up to 8X. When you're trying to examine hours of footage to see when something happened, this is a major takeaway. As I told the company, when you supposedly make a move forward, you don't REMOVE functionality, you ADD it. When I complained, their response effectively was the same as when Bluto rips the guitar out of John Sebastian's (did you know who that was? He's the singer of "Welcome Back" as well as the lead singer of The Lovin' Spoonful) hands on the staircase, bashes it to pieces, and then says "Sorry" in Animal House. Not that that is what happened here. But I'll withhold judgment until I get better used to it. Can a mod verbally lay out what has changed and what functionality has been added and/or removed?

One thing right off the bat, I am light sensitive, and the new interface for me is like stepping from a dark house into a fresh snow with the light reflection off the snow blinding me. We need some color fill on the sides and bottom.

I need to play around with this new interface and see what's what.

Richmonder

Reactions: Smitty79 and cgill

·
Registered
179 Posts
I logged in this morning and thought the site was malfunctioning! It took me a little while to realize we'd undergone a makeover, and then go through all the "what's new" windows. Personally I was quite happy with the old format. I'm that way with every web site - I get used to seeing it and accessing it a certain way, and then everything changes. Often, it's not for the better. I suppose I'll get used to the new interface in good time, but I always liked the quick glance to the right enabling me to see what the latest thread and post was. I had to update the URL's on both my PC and my mobile bookmarks to get the correct page to load going forward. I suppose I'll figure out how best to navigate all this change in time, and see the benefits of moving to the new format. For now, it's a major adjustment trying to figure out how to interpret everything.

I don't usually like change and in most cases these days it's one step forward, two steps back. As one example, the company that supplies me with my home video security recently completely re-did their interface, and in the process, eliminated the 16/32/64/128X review speeds for looking at video footage. Now, I can only go up to 8X. When you're trying to examine hours of footage to see when something happened, this is a major takeaway. As I told the company, when you supposedly make a move forward, you don't REMOVE functionality, you ADD it. When I complained, their response effectively was the same as when Bluto rips the guitar out of John Sebastian's (did you know who that was? He's the singer of "Welcome Back" as well as the lead singer of The Lovin' Spoonful) hands on the staircase, bashes it to pieces, and then says "Sorry" in Animal House. Not that that is what happened here. But I'll withhold judgment until I get better used to it. Can a mod verbally lay out what has changed and what functionality has been added and/or removed?

One thing right off the bat, I am light sensitive, and the new interface for me is like stepping from a dark house into a fresh snow with the light reflection off the snow blinding me. We need some color fill on the sides and bottom.

I need to play around with this new interface and see what's what.

Richmonder
Yeah but STILL no red bikes in the picture waaaahhh

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Best and easiest thing to do is to make a bookmark to the What's New page so you can have all the latest posts at your fingertips. This way you get all new posts across sections.
Good suggestion - thanks. But it doesn't even include this thread when I bring it up, so I'm not sure it accomplishes the goal.

Richmonder

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One thing I do like is the larger profile images! I can finally see my bike above my name! And everyone else's!

Richmonder

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Oh LORD! You are absolutely right. I must have had a senior moment. Thank you for correcting me. That is embarrassing. And I knew that! I don't know what I was thinking.

Richmonder

·
Registered
157 Posts
Good suggestion - thanks. But it doesn't even include this thread when I bring it up, so I'm not sure it accomplishes the goal.

Richmonder
Unclick "Unread discussions" and then click "Save as default" in your filter. There is also a New button in the upper right corner that works the same, but you still have to create the filter.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I got safari and am loving the new dark mode color wise
I got safari and am loving the new dark mode color wise
That's available on Edge too, click the 3 vertical dots in the upper right, and Dark Mode is an option there. Agreed, way better, and saves battery too.

Reactions: Richmonder

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One thing I just realized is that the new format has removed our formerly owned bike info under our signatures. Is it possible to get that feature back? I like seeing what everyone used to ride or still does.

Richmonder

·
Registered
1 Posts
Het eindelijk wassching zes bereiding tot. Zware diepe heele hij met mag. Twee land of er vele. Veertien mee stampers vreemden dus zandlaag bepaalde. Troepjes allerlei zee zuiniger dag zin resident. Vierkante brandhout nog maleische een opgericht. Tin even was toe des moet woud eens. Kunnen lijnen wereld treden dik aantal goa noemen wij.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts