Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I’m new to The Goldwing Valkyrie community and here as well. I plan on gathering some good info here and would start that off by asking where is a good liftpoint for a padded cycle jack? I want to do my own oil changes as well as other minor maintenance as well as check air and add without standing on my head. Was a car mechanic for 25 years so I have no knees or lower back to speak of. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Joe

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi, and congratulations on your new ride! I noticed that no one has jumped in with answers for you yet and didn't want you to be frustrated.
I also don't have any specific advice towards your question, but have learned a few things in that regard that I hadn't known before I read about them on forums. I have never had any problem before (with other bikes) using one or another various available lifts in my garage to do my own oil, etc. This puppy seems to be a little different and lift points can easily become crush points, if you get my drift. I've seen on various forums' individuals' solutions, some of them pretty clever. Some create their own lift cradles out of wood (none looked too difficult to make) that would fit between the jack itself and the bike. Some, with more funds than I care to spare towards the question, have elaborate hydraulic lifts that they have created for themselves. Try doing a search on the forums for "jacking up", "lift points", "oil changes", etc. People on these sites have been discussing this topic since the bike first came out. Whatever choice you decide on, just play it safe with straps and extra care. Hope someone will jump in and give you more specific advice. It's a holiday weekend, and nicer weather (at least in the Midwest), so you may need to be patient. Enjoy your new Valkyrie!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was thinking of getting 2- 10x1.25 bolts with metal sleeves over bolt shank to screw in where center stand would bolt up at- Only use when needed them remove. I bought a small platform scissor lift that comes with posts that stick up -I havent lifted bike yet but soon.I had mine for 7 wks and did 4800 mi already!Front tire about worn out-Putting a shinko 777 bias on next!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wow, I got 11,000 miles on my front OEM Dunlop and 13,000 on my rear. Just turn 19,000 mile in just over two years. Mainly southern Missouri roads.
Mike

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hello all, I’m new to The Goldwing Valkyrie community and here as well. I plan on gathering some good info here and would start that off by asking where is a good liftpoint for a padded cycle jack? I want to do my own oil changes as well as other minor maintenance as well as check air and add without standing on my head. Was a car mechanic for 25 years so I have no knees or lower back to speak of. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Joe
Check out the J&S jack with 1800 gold wing adapter. Pricey,but should last forever.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Hot Rod! I went ahead and bought a lift table instead. I tried the jack I had bought but it ended up not working anyway. Too cheap! I’ll probably buy the J&S for floating of of the table.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts