Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Signed all the papers on Friday and should be picking the bike up early this week.

Been riding for nearly 20 years now, but always had sport bikes. Had a few Hayabusa's and most recently ZX14's and always loved the bigger motors. I had them setup for touring mostly. I've always preferred the riding position on the larger sport/hyper bikes. I'm only 5'7 so cruiser riding position has been an issue with bikes in the past so I sort of ignored them for a while. Was out of the bike game for the last two seasons and finally pulled the trigger to get riding again.

Time to go helmet shopping as I'm sure mine as well passed expiration (both were purchased nearly a decade ago).

I'm excited for maximum Valkyrie smiles per mile this summer. Curious to what people are getting for fuel range on these bikes. Anything else I should look for (the bike supposedly has a full service done recently but not sure what that included, I'll find out on Monday)?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Signed all the papers on Friday and should be picking the bike up early this week.

View attachment 12359

Been riding for nearly 20 years now, but always had sport bikes. Had a few Hayabusa's and most recently ZX14's and always loved the bigger motors. I had them setup for touring mostly. I've always preferred the riding position on the larger sport/hyper bikes. I'm only 5'7 so cruiser riding position has been an issue with bikes in the past so I sort of ignored them for a while. Was out of the bike game for the last two seasons and finally pulled the trigger to get riding again.

Time to go helmet shopping as I'm sure mine as well passed expiration (both were purchased nearly a decade ago).

I'm excited for maximum Valkyrie smiles per mile this summer. Curious to what people are getting for fuel range on these bikes. Anything else I should look for (the bike supposedly has a full service done recently but not sure what that included, I'll find out on Monday)?

View attachment 12359

She's a beaut! I really don't track MPG on my bikes. It's not any concern to me as long as I'm getting a reasonable mileage on a tankful. I see yours has a windshield and changed mirrors. And I note the stickers are still on the tank. Think about removing them. It looks SO much nicer that way. There's a thread on this forum about that. Enjoy and stay active here!

Richmonder

Reactions: vchipeur

·
Registered
217 Posts
Congratulations on your new motorcycle she is purdy. Coming off of Sport bikes and Busa's you should be happy for a stock motorcycle it feels like it has more torque and horsepower than it actually does and more comfortable than sport bikes for certain.

·
Registered
265 Posts

View attachment 12359

Welcome from DFW TX. I track my mileage carefully so that I'm comfortable when that last bar on the fuel gage starts flashing (manual says that means 5 liters remaining), and for my last 24 fillups, I'm averaging 39.6 mpg, ranging from 31 to 50, agreeing with Britman, those miles on the turnpike doing 75 mph+ really bring down the mpg, so 40 - 50 miles when that last bar starts flashing, and 220 - 270 per tank depending on how you fill it up and how fast you're pushing against the wind. Goldwing guys have reported on trips that she sips fuel below 3,000 rpms but suddenly begins chugging it at higher rpms.

Things to look for - if the tires, battery, etc., are original, they're 7 years old, and plenty of us (although not all) agree that the stock Dunlops are crap, especially when 5+ years old, so be ready for that rear to break loose in the rain if it's original . Lots of threads on this site about tires, just do the search. Some have also reported the final drive oil was surprisingly lower than spec, so it would be a good idea to consider changing it earlier than the service interval.

Reactions: vchipeur

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies! I'll be taking delivery in the next few days (hopefully even today!), just waiting for insurance to go through. I'll check the final drive oil and the tires. Its got about 22k miles on it already so probably not the original tires. Battery should be easy enough to check and for sure the stickers will get removed (my heat gun is at the ready for that).

Its got some minor scuffs from saddlebags I believe so I may consider a wrap on the fairings/rear so make it look mint again, although I'll try some aggressive detailing first. And I'll be purchasing some saddlebags down the road for sure. Are the Corbin's worth the price? I had a set of Corbins on my ZX14 (picture below, and my brothers Victory 8-Ball), they were awesome.

Curious to get the bike home and remove the windshield unless I do a highway trip, probably not necessary in the city at all, but if its a pain to remove I'll just leave it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts