Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have been struggling with an uncomfortable Valkyrie seating position, and you are not mechanically inclined, there’s a solution if you are interested and can get your bike to Milville, CA. (up near Redding) Kick Start Garage, operated by Craig Marleau, just finished giving me 4.5 inches more pullback. What a difference in comfort! No more straight arms and forward lean. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No hanky panky here. I hunted for a shop all around the Sacramento area to do this work, and could find no one that would take up the challenge. I’m 67 and really enjoy everything about my 2014 Valkyrie, except for that damned riding position. I happened on Kick Start Garage and talked to Craig. He seemed willing, so I stopped in to meet him and show him my bike. We discussed different options to achieve what I wanted, He ended up cutting the stock bars and welding in extensions to get the pullback I wanted. He had them powder coated so they look just like the originals. He had to order new brake and clutch lines that would fit the new bars. So he had the tools, the know how, and the expertise to make it happen, and I had a check book. As simple as that.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Aha! I was wondering about the brake lines and such since I am at that point with my bike as well. Only way to get more pullback is to extend everything... pain in the arse but it will be worth it in the long run. I plan on having this bike for the rest of my riding life.
Thanks for the deets.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aha! I was wondering about the brake lines and such since I am at that point with my bike as well. Only way to get more pullback is to extend everything... pain in the arse but it will be worth it in the long run. I plan on having this bike for the rest of my riding life.
Thanks for the deets.
SLO
I went for a little ride today, and I’m so happy with what was done. Much more relaxed shoulders and arm position. Way better. Yes, worth it in the long run. If you can do it yourself, hats off to you. I just wanted to share that there are other options if you can find the right person to work with.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Thanks for posting Smokedeel . 4.5" is some serious pullback, I'd like that especially with my Corbin which seams to sit me back further in the scoop of the seat. Looks good, it does appear wider.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Here’s a side view that might give a better perspective. And yes, the stock windscreen mounts still fit just the same.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts