Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:) A small momentary button ....... :) .... I took one of the very small garage door remotes,opened it up & soldered a couple wires to the open/close contacts. Drilled a small hole for the button & got the remote wrapped in a baggie & zip tied behind the panel. Been working great for a couple years now...... Got one on my KLR650 also ..... :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
:) A small momentary button ....... :) .... I took one of the very small garage door remotes,opened it up & soldered a couple wires to the open/close contacts. Drilled a small hole for the button & got the remote wrapped in a baggie & zip tied behind the panel. Been working great for a couple years now...... Got one on my KLR650 also ..... :)
LOVE it!! Great idea. I've been carrying mine in my hip pocket for years. Much better approach! Thanks for passing that one on.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Cool! I like your ingenuity there. Is that on the right radiator cover?

Richmonder

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool! I like your ingenuity there. Is that on the right radiator cover?

Richmonder
Small inside cover,right side yes. Driving light switch on opposite cover, May mount a led voltage indicator below my little button ...... :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Here is mine
The only problem with this idea, at least for me, is that as I pull off the street into my garage - only ten feet away from the traffic - and I need to have the garage nearly fully in the "up" position for me to ride in (by punching the button in my hip pocket about 1/3 block from my "driveway"). I'd have to stop on that ten foot space (which is on a sharp incline), turn off my bike, use the key to open the gas flap to access the garage opener, then restart the bike to motor on in. I use that gas cap space for a few other little things (small electronic tire pressure gauge, a pair of nitrile gloves, etc.) but my situation doesn't allow me to use that space for an opener. And I'm not interested in monkeying with two keys.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Kugo, I get it. Much easier for me, 110 foot driveway and to open gas cap i made one of these (pic) It stays in the lock for fuel cap or it will open storage if i do not have ignition key with me.

Attachments

Reactions: KUGO

·
Registered
531 Posts
Mods...

Nice mod.
I used 3m double sided exterior tape and attached it to the black panel near the fuel door key slot. I also made a fob with a black radio knob for the fuel door.

HoRod, I like your idea better as it cannot fall off or be stolen.

Jambriwal, Like that stove knob look, cool.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts