Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Glad to hear someone besides me is still riding a stock seat. I was beginning to think I was the only one! It's far from perfect, but good enough for me.

Richmonder

·
Registered
343 Posts
I too have little to no issues with the stock seat. Although I do use a ceramic BeadRider for hot long trips.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I don't dislike the stock seat enough to justify the expense of the alternatives. Getting a custom seat is also a crap-shoot and doesn't always work out the way you'd hoped.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I also made those claims, posting somewhere how much I loved this bike and would be the first bike I leave completely stock. I was a "Corbin Hater". Boy was I wrong. Yes it's firm foam, although somehow better and ergonomically it just works. I had no issues with the stock seat at first, then one day it was like flipping a switch. Pain and numb tailbone, so bad I didn't want to ride it. I found my Corbin gently used with rider and passenger backrests for $350 I priced new with both backrests would have been $1400 (one is solid and one is oval hole) without tax or shipping. I doubt I would have paid that much. I found another used with backrests for around $450 which has since been sold. I also spent $750 rebuilding my stock seat with memory foam which is awesome pain free. I just prefer sitting down low center of gravity of the Corbin. Now my rebuilt seat sits in the garage as a mental reminder of how much I spent every time I see it. I need to hide it out of sight. :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
If I could have found an alternative for only $350, I probably would have pulled the trigger, too. I wouldn't mind sitting a hair lower, either. Just to lower Center of Gravity a bit without lowering the chassis and losing clearance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts