Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to post of pic of my mods. Could use better pic but I wanted to share what I had while I was thinking about it. So bought the 2014 new in September 2017. It came with the Honda bags and tall windshield. Mods so far in order complete:

1) Rivco pegs- pricey but excellent fitment and they work excellent to switch up my foot position. I have an arthritic hip so stretching out is a must and comes in handy when I could ride this bike for 3 straight hours.

2) Slipstream shield- I sent my factory shield off to Slipstreamer in MN for them to make me a shorter windshield. I think stock was 22" and I had them make me a new shield exactly the same as the stock shield but only 16" tall. I loved how much the factory tall shield kept me warm through the winter but the top of the screen was right in my sight line. Also I thought the shield's tallness detracted from the look of the bike. The shorter shield solved both of those problems and of course it mounts right to the rock solid factory mounts.

3) Corbin seat with backseat- I actually didn't think the stock seat was that bad. But after 3k miles it started feeling a bit flat. I had looked at seats as a nice upgrade idea but the thought of spending $600+ for one and not getting to sample it first didn't appeal to me. Went to Daytona Bikeweek in March 2018 and noticed an actual Corbin store off one of the main drags. Said to myself I definitely need to go there. So on my last day in Daytona I stopped by. Fortunately they had a two up seat in stock and they said they would put it on an let me test ride. I test rode it. Definitely felt nicer than the stock seat and certainly more firm. They were offering a 10% bike week special so I it was an easy decision to purchase. The firm padding provides a lot of support which in my experience makes me never tire of sitting in it. Having ridden the bike for a few hundred miles, I can say it makes the already 10 rated ride a 14. The backrest is awesome as it keeps me planted as I get up to the red line and it keeps my posture intact while riding. Definitely worth the money.

I absolutely love the setup of this bike. I can ride it aggressively in corners and it is so comfortable to ride with the upright seating position. A must for me since I unfortunately have an "old" 45 year old body.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
looks nice, glad the windshield worked out. I am waiting for the snow to melt and some rain to get the salt off the road to ride.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a 2015 Honda Valkyrie with the stock seat, and with your post I am convinced it’s time for me to upgrade my seat thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am looking to get the Rivco pegs. Can you tell me which ones fit? I'm not sure if I should order the ones for the F6B or the GL1800.

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts