Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The one thing i can not forgive Honda for is moving a valuable piece of emergency equipment . I love this bike but have others and for over 50 years the horn was always in the same location on all bikes .
but after buying this bike i always counseled the turn signals when an emergency arose which could have ended in death . I think it was week 2 of ownership i added a 2nd horn button in the universal location. I have 3 older Honda's and now they all have this emergency feature located as intended - what were they thinking ? = end of rant.
backdrop is my grandfathers 1933 Ford Model A Truck that is one of a few that actually came with a V8 engine and his Christmas gift in 1932 and now sports a HiPo 289

Attachments

·
Registered
464 Posts
On a brighter or louder note... this horn is a real horn and not a sissy beepbeep. If I feel that I could be coming into an emergency situation, I rest my thumb over that bad boy button. I also make sure folks I'm passing know I'm coming.

I do not, however, like the fact that the blinkers are not self cancelling.

·
Registered
453 Posts
The one thing i can not forgive Honda for is moving a valuable piece of emergency equipment . I love this bike but have others and for over 50 years the horn was always in the same location on all bikes .
but after buying this bike i always counseled the turn signals when an emergency arose which could have ended in death . I think it was week 2 of ownership i added a 2nd horn button in the universal location. I have 3 older Honda's and now they all have this emergency feature located as intended - what were they thinking ? = end of rant.
backdrop is my grandfathers 1933 Ford Model A Truck that is one of a few that actually came with a V8 engine and his Christmas gift in 1932 and now sports a HiPo 289
I agree I also have a F6B so it is difficult having different locations for the blinkers and horn when switching bikes.

·
Registered
547 Posts
it must be a foto bomb? dang why does ever body put something in front of their pics? we need to see that truck. don't be teasing us like you are some kind of truck ***** tart.. show us your ti.. truck!

·
Registered
547 Posts
If I feel that I could be coming into an emergency situation, I rest my thumb over that bad boy button. I also make sure folks I'm passing know I'm coming.
dp, every intersection and in vicinity of moving vehicles, one I am slowing the fk down, two I keep two fingers on the front brake lever, C I most likely have foot over the rear brake, Red I am probably hunting for that horn and giving false turn signal.. because every time I go to turn somebody (very near) keeps beeping at me.. wtf?

·
Registered
137 Posts
On a brighter or louder note... this horn is a real horn and not a sissy beepbeep. If I feel that I could be coming into an emergency situation, I rest my thumb over that bad boy button. I also make sure folks I'm passing know I'm coming.

I do not, however, like the fact that the blinkers are not self cancelling.
I agree. A REAL horn. 👉💥👈

·
Registered
712 Posts
Is that because they cancel , too early ??
1. They can cancel too early when you're trying to give traffic behind lots of notice of your intention (eg high speed country road)

2. They can cancel too late when you've gone round a corner and you want that indicator off so that the guy waiting in the next side street doesn't think you're also turning in there and pulls out in front of you!

As I said, I pretty much ride as if the feature doesn't exist. I would disable it if I could be bothered figuring out how.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Ergonomics on this bike definitely take getting use to ! The day I rode mine home I thought I was going crazy. After having a Honda 1300 VTX for 14 years & not being able to hook my boot heel on the kickstand I suddenly find that when I made a stop & put my foot down it caught the kickstand and killed the engine! Also kept blowing the horn because of the swap with the turn signal switch .......it was an interesting ride...oddly enough that was the only time I had any issues by the time I pulled up at home I guess I had adapted ...... :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
I also don't like many of the self-canceling turn-signals on previous bikes for the same reasons as stated above. I know you all are going to ask me what brand of device I bought, but I'll have to wait until the "Real Feel" temperature in my garage has only two digits. I'm pretty sure I remember when I bought it over a year ago (it's still un-installed and in its packaging in a box of similar items in the garage) that it had a feature that included an "incline-o-meter" (my made-up word) that considered that input when you lean for your turn. That way it won't turn off too soon or too late. It "knows" you've completed the turn. I thought that to be a brilliant enough solution to warrant buying it. Just wanted you to know that it was available. Found it online somewhere; I'd have to check my bike paperwork file to find out where and for how much.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Ya, even after 4 years, I still hit the freakin turn signal when I want to hit the horn. What masochistic ba$tards at Honda thought that up.

As for the self cancelling signals. I have them on mine and I think they suck. Just like what was mentioned, they either turn off too soon, or they don't shut off until way later. I just use them as normal signals with a toot of the horn at the beginning.....freakin a$$holes at Honda. I do like my ABS, though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts