Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
I could be slightly prejudiced but I think your Valkyrie was the best looking bike there. The Harley was pretty cool looking too. I'll show my ignorance about it. I tried to figure our which model it was. Street Bob, FXDR.... don't know. Also water cooled? Man, I'm really out of touch with HD. But that bike was nice. Probably not so nice on the wallet though too. Could be a fun ride, depending on the needs of the rider.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Thanks Dan! I kind of have my own similar prejudice. But that black Gold Wing was MIGHTY handsome. It was absolutely spotless and perfectly adorned with Army emblems highlighting his service achievements, and perfectly maintained. Its owner is a motorcycle training instructor up in Northern Virginia, although he also has a home in Florida, hence his Florida plate (costs a LOT less to register there than in Virginia, a subject I coincidentally just wrote to Richmond city council about just this morning, since valuations on alll vehicles are skyrocketing for the first time in my life and the city's revenues are going to skyrocket similarly, while citizens' tax burdens increase on both their homes and their vehicles since they didn't reduce the tax rate on real estate either, the greedy bastards).

That Harley was a Fat Boy. I know almost NOTHING about Harleys, and never understood that multi-letter nomenclature they use to label their bikes. How the hell does anyone know an FXLR from an FXDR? I always call the Fat Boy the "Falstaff" like the beer, since it's a FLSTF. That means almost nothing to anyone outside the Harley world. It certainly means nothing to me. But you aroused some curiosity in me, and I found this:

Not that I will ever remember it, since it's irrelevant to me.

Richmonder
Cool, I rented and rode a Fat Boy around Oahu once. That was a fun ride. Every bike has it's place. The motor on the one looks impressive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts