Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished off May with a 2700 mile, 9 day trip back and forth thru CO to SW Utah (Moab) area. Visited Mesa Verde Ntnl Park in CO, Arches National Park in Moab, Natural Bridges, Canyonlands, Twin Rocks Restaurant > Mexican Hat > Gooseneck State Park before going up the Moki Dugway, Needles Overlook, Forest Gump Point with Monument Valley in the background, and finished with Wolf Creek Pass and Raton Pass (where I25 is STILL under construction and about ½ mile of narrow road surface was scary as hell with traffic backed up behind us and no where to pull off to let them pass!) I'm probably forgetting a few places. It can't be understated that the photos just don't do justice to the stunning perspectives.
Plant Land lot Grass Bedrock Landscape
Sky Cloud Ecoregion Blue Temple
Sky Plant Bedrock Landscape Mountain
Sky Ecoregion Bedrock Natural landscape Mountainous landforms
Sky Plant Jeans Photograph Ecoregion
Sky Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle
Cloud Sky Plant community Mountain Ecoregion
Sky Plant Plant community Ecoregion Mountain
Tire Wheel Vehicle Helmet Automotive lighting
Sky Mountain Snow Natural landscape Slope

·
Registered
869 Posts
Absolutely AWESOME! GREAT photos! What scenery. Reminds me of Red Rocks in Colorado Springs. Thanks for sharing.

Richmonder

Reactions: Buster

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Definitely doable if you go slow, and most of it is very smooth and even. 2 of the hairpin turns were a little rougher (a little rutted and uneven) than last year when we took it downwards, and 1 of those made a couple of us put feet down as we were going so slow in anticipation of someone appearing from the opposite direction. From the very top, if you walk to the edge, you can see the bottom of a large trailer that went over the side. I think it was about 1/2 - 3/4 mile down on a sweeping turn to the right, where you can see 2 other vehicles that were (pushed?) over the side a long time ago.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Finished off May with a 2700 mile, 9 day trip back and forth thru CO to SW Utah (Moab) area. Visited Mesa Verde Ntnl Park in CO, Arches National Park in Moab, Natural Bridges, Canyonlands, Twin Rocks Restaurant > Mexican Hat > Gooseneck State Park before going up the Moki Dugway, Needles Overlook, Forest Gump Point with Monument Valley in the background, and finished with Wolf Creek Pass and Raton Pass (where I25 is STILL under construction and about ½ mile of narrow road surface was scary as hell with traffic backed up behind us and no where to pull off to let them pass!) I'm probably forgetting a few places. It can't be understated that the photos just don't do justice to the stunning perspectives. View attachment 13678 View attachment 13679 View attachment 13680 View attachment 13681 View attachment 13682 View attachment 13683 View attachment 13684 View attachment 13685 View attachment 13686 View attachment 13687
Incredible pictures!!! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Buster, good to hear from you and glad you are taking great trips like this! Great photos! We are heading to SW Colorado in July with the RV in tow. My next bike trip will probably be late summer/early fall. —jeff

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Incredible pictures!!! Thanks for s
Finished off May with a 2700 mile, 9 day trip back and forth thru CO to SW Utah (Moab) area. Visited Mesa Verde Ntnl Park in CO, Arches National Park in Moab, Natural Bridges, Canyonlands, Twin Rocks Restaurant > Mexican Hat > Gooseneck State Park before going up the Moki Dugway, Needles Overlook, Forest Gump Point with Monument Valley in the background, and finished with Wolf Creek Pass and Raton Pass (where I25 is STILL under construction and about ½ mile of narrow road surface was scary as hell with traffic backed up behind us and no where to pull off to let them pass!) I'm probably forgetting a few places. It can't be understated that the photos just don't do justice to the stunning perspectives. View attachment 13678 View attachment 13679 View attachment 13680 View attachment 13681 View attachment 13682 View attachment 13683 View attachment 13684 View attachment 13685 View attachment 13686 View attachment 13687
Hey Buster! Looks like a great run. Thanks for the photos.

I'm going to be heading down to Mesa Verde in about a month or so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts